Sr. EDM Systems Business Analyst
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
The Systems Project Manager/Business Analyst oversees one or more projects at any given time within the Enterprise Data Management, Technical Projects team.
The primary responsibilities will be to manage project planning staffing, scheduling, expense tracking, communications and controls.
The Business Analyst responsibilities include participating in all phases of the systems development life cycle – from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
The individual may also be responsible for defining and documenting business systems requirements and ensuring technology solutions enhance and support the business operations, depending on their roll within a specific project.
The individual works closely with users, clients and other Systems managers to ensure business needs and Systems goals are met. The individual will work with data stewards, key business and systems resources to support execution of data governance, stewardship, lineage and quality initiatives. She/he will also act as a liaison between technical and business user groups.
- Drive implementation of projects in a timely fashion by managing scheduling and monitoring processes
- Ensure methodology is followed for project; provide meaningful feedback in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines.
- Maintain issue log; coordinate and support communications surrounding both systems and user acceptance for assigned project(s).
- Engage stewards for relevant data subjects or business areas and coordinate with the m to meet project objectives
- Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
- Become a subject matter expert on the BBH Data Governance Program and assist in analysis on how to best apply program principles to a given project
- Conduct user training.
- Expense Tracking and Status - Monitor and Track expenses and budget.
Planning and Organization
- Review and assist in development of project plans, project workflows and resource assignments as requested by Project Manager.
- Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working with programmer analysts and users in prototyping and design sessions.
- SDLC Responsibility - Manages resources to ensure SDLC framework is followed
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans and test cases
- Translate system workflows into system configuration
- Participate in test execution and document results
Coaching and Development
- Provides coaching, mentorship and training to more junior Systems Business Analyst.
- BA/BS degree and/or related work experience.
- 7+ yrs of experience in a project management role at a financial services company.
- Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Full understanding of the business model or the area(s) supported.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required.
- Knowledge of Agile, Waterfall or similar methodologies
- Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with project work and project planning, as well as project management software.