Windows Systems Administrator
The impact of our IT team isn't limited to just server deployments and hardware monitoring. We create tools and processes that our entire computational and business systems infrastructure depends on. We need an individual who enjoys solving problems in creative ways. The right candidate will have experience in a role that provides support to a research or product development team that depends on awesome IT to make them successful.
At CID Research, we employ intelligent, curious, and fun individuals and we value what it takes to keep them happy. You’ll get the chance to make important architectural decisions, select platforms and guide projects from inception to launch. You'll be supplied with the advanced hardware and software necessary for your job and have opportunities to keep yourself up to date and inspired. Interested in a new technology? Research it, tell us what you’ve learned, and help us integrate it.
We work in the burgeoning South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle with great dining, recreation and transportation options. Work-life balance is important to us and we don’t try to impress each other with how much overtime we’re doing. Building reliable, resilient systems is the key. If you agree this is the way to build and operate IT systems, talk to us.
Skills & Requirements
- 5-7 years of experience as a Windows systems administrator
- Administration of Windows 2008 and 2012 server applications such as Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, WSUS, and ADFS
- Microsoft Office 365 migration & administration
- Administration of VMware ESXi 6.x
- Experience installing and fixing enterprise-class server hardware, disk arrays, controllers and peripheral devices
- Experience with backup/recovery systems
- Proficiency with PowerShell scripting and automation
- Exposure to cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with monitoring and systems management tools including: Solar Winds Orion and Splunk
- Experience supporting and deploying TCP/IP network hardware including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN concentrators and load balancers
- Linux experience a plus
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience)