Reporting to the Directorof Compensation, this person will develop, analyze and assist in the administration of broad based Compensation programs. This person will provide recommendations regarding all broad based compensation activities and policies and ensure compliance with wage and hour regulations.
This person will:
- Perform in-depth market analysis of total compensation utilizing market data available from varied sources
- Prepare ad-hoccompensation analysis of internal equity and external market competitiveness as requested by clients or HR business partners
- Participate in the analysis, development, design, communication and implementation of various broad based compensation programs, including salary structures, job evaluation and incentive plan programs
- Support the annual salary planning cycle by providing data which supports the budget recommendation, assist in the development of salary increase guidelines, and perform the annual set up tasks in the salary planning system
- Submit multiple salary surveys and recommend any new surveys from which the Company would benefit from receiving salary data.
- Evaluate job duties for the purposes of determining market survey matches and determine whether a job is appropriately classified as exempt or nonexempt; in accordance with the federal and state regulations pertaining to overtime
- Provide support to management in writing job descriptions and maintains all job description related files
- Maintain the job code table in PeopleSoft ensuring timely creation of all new job codes
This person will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management or a related field and 5-7 years of experience in Compensation analysis. Prior experience utilizing MarketPay, PeopleSoft and Oracle Fusion, or other similar salary planning systems preferred.
This person will also need to have:
- Exemplary skills in the Microsoft office suite and strong systems skills with respect to compensation related systems
- Strong communication/presentation skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to multi-task and be a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer and results orientation
- A CCP or be in the process of attaining that certification
AvalonBay conducts drug and background screening for all hires. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable state and federal laws.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID 19159