Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Sr. Director of SCADA for their office located in Tulsa, OK.
· Sr. Director of SCADA is required to manage large group of support staff from office level to field in the design, build upgrade and operational support of pipeline SCADA systems.
· Pipeline system are used 24X7 real time operation for monitoring and controlling the transportation of hazardous liquids and gas.
· Ultimately responsible of the measurement data collection systems which underline the measurement and accountings systems.
· Mange the maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancements of Company’s Supervisor Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems for pipeline, plant and compressor stations.
· Lead the planning, budgeting, technology enhancements, downs response, trouble shooting, customer satisfaction and system performance.
· Responsible to participate in the industry organizations to stay abreast of and help lead the industry to safer and more efficient operations of Pipeline SCADA Systems.
· Also mange telecom infrastructure in the field that relates to communication of facilities directly related to SCADA and or other integration points.
· Other duties as required.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
· Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
· Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
· Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
· Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
· Regular and Reliable Attendance
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical fields with 10-years of commensurate experience preferred. Managing large scale gas and liquids SCADA systems.
· Supervisor experience, including responsibility for personnel actions such as hiring and performance evaluation is required.
· Mange operational and capital budgets, including projects management.
· Working knowledge of pipeline industry and current regulation set with respect to control center support.
· Ability to effectively interact with control center personnel, SCADA team vendors, other departments, and senior management.
· Ability to work effectively to manage and encourage a team environment.
· Ability to sometimes work under a great deal of stress.
· Ability to communicate well and quickly trouble-shoot problems is required.
· Knowledge of PHMSA rules/review and on-going adhering to PHMSA rules.
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time is required.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.