- Responsible for the collection, review and retentionof contractuallyrequiredfinancialaudits of FHI 360's grantees including US based Single Audits (OMB A 133) and Foreign Subrecipient audits of USAID programs
- Shareresponsibilities as point of contact for 3rd party audits of FHI 360's projects managed at HQ and in non-US locations
- Advise staff in providing documentation and reports for 3rd party audits according to the contract provisions
- Review Single Audit and other financialauditreports to comply with US Government and FHI 360's grantee monitoring procedures
- Read draft and final audit responses for soundness and adequacy; ensure comments provided effective and cost efficient resolutions that address the underlying cause
- Identify auditresults requiring further review and follow-up
- Recommend actions to limit FHI 360 's risk exposure and document actions taken
- Download data from various accounting reporting systems
- Combine and analyze large volume of data utilizing MS Excel V-lookup formulas, pivot tables and mail merges
- Obtain certification letters from grantees
- Communicate with FHI 360 Project staff and grantees
- Confirm US based nonprofit organization status and contact details
- Track and document grantee monitoring procedures usingSharePoint or otherdatabase
- Implement improvements to current process
- Potential position advancement to supervisory role
- Has or obtain a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Has adequate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Interprets and applies principles, contractual and regulatory requirements, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Use systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Evaluate audit findings recommendation for adequacy and appropriateness.
- When reading audit findings, consider the system of controls and recommend appropriate actions.
- Analyzes and compiles moderately complex data.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding procedures, potential impact, and needed plan of action to address audit findings.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 5 - 8Years of progressively responsiblefinancial analysisexperience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experiencepreferred.
- Some experience in providing written responses and action plans to financialaudit findings.
- Experience communicating with internal/external auditors.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience reading Single Audit (OMB A 133) or otherfinancialauditreports desired, not required.