Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a corporate team environment supporting voice communications? If so, the Senior Telecomm Engineer role may be perfect for you! This team of 12 employees is located throughout 4 offices within Jack Henry. This team is responsible for all desktop phone devices, softphones, headsets and related equipment not involving smartphones. Duties includes phone installs, voice mail set-up, replacements and circuit monitoring, as well as maintains inter-office and off net connectivity for voice traffic. Part of Corporate Information Services, Telecom maintains all services and equipment related to voice traffic.
This position will be hired and worked out of either Springfield, MO, Monett, MO or Allen, TX offices. Candidates must be able to travel up to 25% to other JHA locations for additional support and installs. Jack Henry offers a great working environment, a comprehensive benefits package and career advancement!
- Min of 6 years of experience in voice communications support
- Bachelor’s DegreePreferred.
- Cisco UCM, Cisco Unity, Cisco UCCX experiencepreferred.
- Avaya CS1000M, CS1000E, Avaya Aura Contact Center, Avaya CallPilotrequired.
- Provides the planning, design, acquisition and implementation of the company’s communications system.
- Evaluates organization-wide telecommunications requirements to develop strategies for implementing a total organization telecommunications network to jointly support current and planned voice/data applications. This includes the following technologies: voice mail, conferencing, voice recorders, backups, PBX multimedia services, remote office, LAN strategy and IP PBXs.
- Monitors existing telecommunications networks, utilizing various performance and capacity analyses disciplines, advising on the best use of resources, cost effectiveness and implementation.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and strategies for each of the following technology categories in order to perform the functions outlined.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- Performs evaluation, acquisition, modification, implementation, testing, and post-evaluation of new and evolving computer hardware, software and telecommunications equipment and othertechnology on a regular basis.