Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products bycollaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is with RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company—the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. The company's brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and reporting analyses related to tobacco and tobacco related products, stability testing and technical reports. The position will be responsible for also developing requirements for LIMS system and associated data reports. In this role, the Scientist IV will work with many areas of the business tounderstand the needs of relevant stakeholders to ensure the analytical needs of projects are carried out.
This position will report to a Sr. Manager in RJRT Analytical Support and will work with others on this team to drive continuous improvement to facilitate analytical and stability testing as well as R&D and MFG support testing.
Accountabilities/Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical assignments as defined by business needs.
- Utilize technical principles and theories, ingenuity, and creativity to assist, develop, and/or recommend solutions tocomplex problems.
- Partner/collaborate with various stakeholder groups (e.g., Product Development, Product Integrity, Product Services, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs and Manufacturing Operations).
- Evaluate, select, and apply techniques, procedures, and criteria using good judgment in making adaptations and modifications to achieve objectives.
- Lead assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number ofvariables. Assistance will be provided on unusual problems from senior technical staff and work will be reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
- Lead or coordinate the work of others.
- Identify and develop expertise in areas that can be utilized internally for development of processes for improved laboratory throughput.
- Identify and partner with external suppliers, vendors, and analytical service providers to achieve predefined
- Provide technical product support during the start-up and qualification of new equipment, processes, vendors, and suppliers.
- Drive continuous process improvement through the ability to recognize unnecessary complexities and process gaps, and proactively drive implementation of strategies to execute effective solutions
- Bachelor Degree required - preferred disciplines include technical writing & communication, science (i.e., chemistry, physics, engineering), or other technical discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn application specific software
- Excellent project management, time management, team collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and external partners
- Ability to actively participate in a Team-based environment and collaboratively work in cross functional teams
- Ability to quickly develop credibility and begin influencing within an organization
- Ability to work and thrive in an environment of uncertainty, ability to quickly adapt to change
- Excellent people and communication skills
Relevant Experience and Preferred Skills:
- Laboratory Information Management System experience
- Lab instrumentation and Data acquisition software experience
- Quality System experience with ISO GMP GLP, statistical methods for data analysis
- Work in a FDA regulated environment (food, drug, device, tobacco)
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and drive key strategies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills of dependability and credibility
- Effectively communicate with peers and management
- Broad Analytical Chemistry expertise
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts cross-functionally
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents tomaximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.