SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER PRODUCT LINE GENERAL TASKS:
The Electrical Engineer III position will support systems engineering activities within the SNC Navigation and Landing Systems (NLS) product line, our radar based landing systems team focused on developing and producing improvement, upgrades and next generation versions of military aircraft navigation and takeoff and landing systems.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of highly talented engineers on exciting programs utilizing cutting edgetechnologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Initiate problem solving for new product designs and as well as existing products.
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews.
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Participate in design integration with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Responsible for the design and development of units from concept through qualification.
- Lead the design and development of complex digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs.
- Support simulation, development board configuration, unit testing, system integration testing, lab test and ground/flight testing.
- Create test plans and procedures for test and qualification of the electrical portion of the system.
- Understand, plan, and execute engineering design and development activities in accordance with SNC’s SEI-CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 compliant processes and specific customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Compose and present technical and status data at technical interchange meetings and design reviews.
- Support continuous process improvement, helping to develop and improve processes to positively impact product quality, performance and increase productivity.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated individual capable of multi-tasking.
In return for the above, you can expect challenging work alongside some of today’s brightest engineers and scientists, competitive salary, industry leading benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
- At least 6+ years’ of relevant experience in electricalengineering design of circuit cards and assemblies for complex systems.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in application of electronic design to complex architectures employing digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs
- SPICE modeling (Altium or LTspice)
- Microcontroller programming (C, C++)
- PCB design
- High speed digital and/or FPGA design
- Reliability analysis, EEE part stress analysis
- Experience with Naval shipboard systems is a significant plus.
- Experience with systems incorporating RF receivers and transmitters is preferable.
- Experience with systems operating at 2 GHz or greater is a significant plus.
- Proficiency with schematic capture tools a must.
- Proficiency with electrical analysis tools a must.
- 4 yearBachelor of Science Degree in ElectricalEngineering, or related field. Masters preferred.