Manage daily operations of processing functions and maintenance of processing infrastructure ensuring service level agreements are met in support of clients and company mission-critical business requirements.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the processing environment to protect production systems critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develops and implements team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
- Develops and executes project plans, budgets and schedules for documentation of work and results.
- Develops, manages and forecasts the budgets for the relevant cost centers.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all processing phases
- Knowledge of processing administration and processing activities and controls
- Knowledge of FIS products and systems
- Proficiency in client communication and escalation management
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Proficiency to effectively supervise, lead and manage staff members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
- Proficiency to operate independently
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of all operations processing policies and procedures. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Coordinate and lead team efforts. Assist with management decisions and activities and supervise the work efforts of individual contributors. Highly-skilled with proficiency in area of specialty. Typically requires up to six years of experience and up to one year leadership responsibility or the equivalent combination of education and experience in an operations processing organization.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financialtechnology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.