Insmed is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious lung diseases. We are focused on the development and commercialization of novel, targeted inhaled therapies for patients with high unmet needs battling orphan lung diseases. Insmed is a sustainable, patient-centered biopharmaceutical company at the intersection of Pulmonary, Orphan and Infectious Diseases.
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
A unique opportunity to enable the successful execution of the US channel strategy for the first commercial launch of an innovative biotech organization, dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious and rare diseases.
Oversight of Insmed’s US trade customer service, distribution and channel management relationships. This includes development of customer policies and internal systems and procedures necessary to execute all relevant channel operations within Insmed’s operating guidelines.
- Develop, recommend, and implement distributionchannel strategies for Insmed’s new product launches
- Identify 3PL and Specialty Distribution/Pharmacy partners to support Insmed’s go to market strategy for each product
- Conduct RFPs as necessary to identify appropriate channel partners
- Evaluate and respond to requests from 3PLs and specialty distributors/pharmacies to be a part of an Insmed product distributionnetwork
- Negotiate agreements to supportdistribution of Insmed’s products through the channel best suited to meet the needs of each product’s go-to-market strategy
- Assess potential impact of emerging channellandscape (e.g. new entrants, channel partner economics, payer networks, etc.) on Insmed’s channel design and recommend refinements, as needed
- Manage relationship with 3PLs/Specialty Distributors/Pharmacies to ensure they are meeting commitments regarding timely processing of orders including shipments to accounts and patients
- Ensure adequate channelinventory, in collaboration with Supply Chain, Finance, Market Access, and Patient Services
- Manage returns goods process including inventoryaudits, internal SOP administration, return authorizations and final disposition
- Support ‘named-patient basis’ supply to meet physician requests from outside US, as needed
- Execute upon any product recall requests, as needed
- Ensure that 3PL receives all data necessary to process and administer chargeback or othercontractual obligations
- Review and implement all proposed new contracts to ensure contract can be administered at the 3PL
- Work closelywith Market Access in coordinating the training and oversight of 3PL in:
- Class of Trade (“COT”) schema administration
- 3PL Customer Master administration
- Transaction type and reason code matrices administration
- Chargeback transaction validation
- Work with Supply Chain, Marketing, and Patient Services to source any additional materials needed to distribute product in the US (e.g. special handling instructions)
- Manage and validate payments of fees to 3PLs and Specialty Distributors/Pharmacies performance against pre-defined KPIs for product distribution, customer services, and data feeds
- Conduct quarterly business reviews of distributionchannelcontracts to ensure compliance of service agreements
- Conduct periodic audits (minimum of annual) to verify compliance of 3PLs and Specialty Distributors/Pharmacies with contract performance requirements
- Perform ongoing assessment of actual and projected channel outflow, inventory and returns
- Analyze and communicate days on hand to supply chain and finance, and highlight action required to maintain supply
Internal Stakeholder Collaboration
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Market Access, Finance as well as Patient Services teams to ensure seamless day-to-day channel execution in support of account and patient needs
- Work with QA to facilitate product replacement as needed for product quality complaints
- Collaborate with Analytics & Forecasting team on the monthly/quarterly forecasts vs. actual supply and demand to support accurate product forecasting
- Partner with Marketing to develop appropriate communications to Specialty Distributor/Pharmacy, as needed
- Partner with Market Access in real time management and classification of outlier transactions in preparation for monthly government pricing calculation deliverables
- Collaborate with senior management to proactively identify opportunities to enhance channel effectiveness and performance
- Partner with Legal & Compliance to ensure channel partner contracts adhere to Insmed’s operating guidelines
- 7+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 4 years in pharmaceutical trade or channel operations
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Experience building and implementing a channel strategy, including contract negotiation with 3PLs, specialty distributors, and specialty pharmacies
- Specialty product launch experience, with a limited specialty pharmacy networkrequired
- Orphan disease experiencepreferred
- In-depth understanding of US pharma distributionchannel, and channel economics
- Proven strong project management skills required: including timeline and budget management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, plan execution and performance management
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with a sense of urgency
- Creative problem solver
- Demonstrated leadership and employee management; can persuade and influence others; manage conflict appropriately
- Passionate about learning and able to share/communicate that passion to others
- Can juggle multiple projects at once
- Organizational savvy
- Ability to travel20-30% of the time
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate competencies of: Excellence, Accountability, Driven, Collaborative and Solutions; along with any other position specific competencies.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.