Director Human Resources - Industrial Business Group
The Director Human Resources partners with business leaders on the development and implementation of human resource policies and programs and drives human resource strategy execution , including talent development, succession management, performance management, employee communications, and employee relations for our Industrial Business Group. The scope of this position may extend across a geographic region or globally.
- Executes human resource strategy in alignment with the organization’s short-term and long-term business goals. Partners with internal customer groups to ensure coordination of HR strategies and processes across a specific business group or core/corporate functional segment of the company.
- Manages the development and implementation of global/standardized HR programs and polices that drive innovation and employee engagement. Implements and may develop structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance across regional or global teams.
- Serves as a strategic resource and trusted advisor with internal stakeholders. Partners with commercial and/or core functional teams along with other Senior HR (Global Talent, Total Rewards & Training & Communication ) leaders to grow diverse leadership, talent and technical capability in the business.
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition team to drive employment branding initiatives to establish Generac as a leader and advocate for careers in the manufacturing industry. Expands efforts across all Generac locations, as applicable.
- Collaborates with the Global Talent team to provides group and one-on-one coaching with functional leadership and managers as well as employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, problem solving, continuous improvement and performance management.
- Plays a consultative role in employee change initiatives within business or core functional groups.
- Communicates applicable business related issues or opportunities to next management level as needed.
- Ensures personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations; ensures compliance with company polices and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge with regards to employment policies, procedures, and reporting; develops pertinent metrics and analysis.
- Provides guidance and planning expertise for compensation strategy, salary planning, job evaluation, and short- and long-term incentives.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field OR 4 years HR Management experience
- 7 - 10 years of progressive HRexperience in a global manufacturing environment Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills; sense of urgency and ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment; ability to develop and maintain strong, effective internal customer/business partner relationships;
- Must possess the following competencies: strategic thinking, enterprise-level business orientation, intellectual curiosity, prudent risk taking, collaboration, adaptive skills, and a focus on organization and talent development;
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen, project management and business partnering skills.
Job ID 2017-12860.