We are seeking an energic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! The team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program. The Senior Data Architect will work with both business and development team to design and document solutions to meet the business need. The incumbent will display technical support leadership for resolving data issues problems and enhancing system applications. Includes analyzing business and user needs, reviewing business requirements, designing data models in HADOOP Hortonworks and adhering to data governance rules
1. Independently resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying advanced financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions, developed on an iterative basis, that provides interimdeliverables until a final production solution is created.
2. Manage multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
3. Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in timezones and the variation in the business lines.
4. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Skills, Experiences, and Functional Competencies:
The following are must:
- Must have 8-10 years experience in creating complex data models
- Must be a creative, self starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems
- Proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from business users, development and senior management
- A very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL queries
- Must have experience with documenting data mappings from source to target
The following are an asset:
- Experience with Anti Money Laundering
- Experience with Hadoop Hortonworks
- Experience with Oracle FCCM (formerly Mantis)
- Agile and DevOps team experience
- Integrating 3rd party vendor products experience
- Experience with onshore and offshore models
Education and Other Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of technical business analysis experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the IT industry, with at least two in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred