The Payer Solutions Implementation Manager is a multi-market customer facing position that will perform both in a consultative and authoritative style in managing large customer and/or partner implementation projects for a variety of programs and software related to the Lumeris lines of business. This individual will work directly with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization to ensure implementations are successful and achieve both Lumeris and customer goals and objectives.
Associates in this job title build executive-level understanding of multi-market customers, including customer vision and current and future business needs. They provide consultative advice on business implementation strategy and cost efficiencies. They assist customers in improving performance through analysis of existing business problems and development of future plans. They work with marketing, sales, and technology groups to implement business development strategy into specific implementation initiatives.
The Payer Solutions Implementation Manager is the leader and has ultimate responsibility for the deliverablesrequired to support a complex implementation engagement. They have a highdegree of client executive trust resulting from deep subject matter expertise andexperience in health planservices implementation and administration.
Role and Responsibility
- Act as implementation project lead and subject matter expert for implementation of health plan operational services for complex Lumeris clients which encompass multiple regions and markets
- Identify and document client requirements
- Present Lumeris operational capabilities to senior level client stakeholders and foster relationships with client executive teams
- Identify potential issues that will impede success and recommend corrective action
- Develop business process and technology solution design recommendations that support unique, client-specific requirements and goals
- Facilitate review of Lumeris best practice processing model and customer requirements validation internally and externally via both telephonic and in-person meetings
- Lead client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities
- Set and execute against project milestones
- Partner with account management team to drive adoption and to ensure client satisfaction
- Work with cross functional team to ensure project success
- Act as client advocate to collaborate with Program Management, Product Management and Development teams to define, develop, and implement new functionality
- Partner with Clinical Consulting Services as subject matter expert to implement strategic client solutions
- Collaborate in the ongoing development of project deliverables and training materials
- Maintain and share business and technical expertise with clients and other staff
- Provide ongoing technical and business support of the Lumeris health plan system platform
- Track and report on consulting hours and travel per company policies
- Proactively identify and resolve potential issues that could impede project success
Experience, Qualifications and Education
- Master’s Degree in healthcare or equivalent field experience
- Minimum of 10years of client facing implementation consulting experience in the healthcare payer operations to include web based systems, information systems, software technology and/or healthcare applications with progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities
- Extensive knowledge of health care business and/or delivery processes required.
- Technologically savvy with an comprehensive understanding of payer administration software applications and able to learn and apply new technologies
- Experience interfacing with clients at all levels and managing client expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently to small and large groups as well as executives.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing solutions, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal organizations including IT, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations
- Experience managing multiple concurrent project tasks and competing priorities
- Proven ability to motivate responsible parties to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met.
- Communicates complex and technical information in manner that all audiences can easily understand.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
- Working knowledge of Medicare Advantage programs and health plan operations experience