Director, Business Development – San Francisco – Early Phase CRO Services
My client, a leading provider of high-quality early phase research and pharmacology services, is seeking a Director of Business Development to cover the San Francisco/Bay Area territory, New Jersey. With over 25years of experience in providing scientific and medical services in Early Clinical Development. This organization possesses one of the largest clinical capabilities in Europe and is rapidly growing in the U.S.
The Business Development Director will work closely with internal teams, and be responsible for communicating both the scientific and operational benefits of their services to prospective clients. Also, this position will contribute to the continued growth of the firm by offering high levels of customer support and consultative application of relevant services and solutions to existing customers.
- Actively prospect and generate new customer prospects and business collaboration opportunities;
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with customers and develop in-depth knowledge of their organization and needs;
- Collaborate with the Medical, Scientific, Pharmaceutical, and Regulatory Affairs group regarding the strategic analysis, feasibility assessments and development of proposals;
- Assist in decisions on price structure and price negotiations;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and clients.
- Achieve or exceed sales goals;
- Participate and organize conferences, trade shows, symposiums, etc.
- Contribute to Marketing and Sales strategy: elaborate marketing material with the sales team (ie: brochures, company presentations);
- Execute sales activities, including sales planning, visits, reports, and results. Maintain correspondence and information in the CRM database;
- Conduct in-depth research using internet, phone, tradeshow, market intelligence and other sources to generate new opportunities;
Travel: up to 40% - 60%
- Advanced degree in business or scientific area preferred (MBA, MS);
- 4-7years of previous experience in business development/sales with pharmaceutical and medical device companies;
- Very good understanding of the Drug Development Process and applicable regulations;
- Ability to recognize the needs of the client and collaborate with the clinical areas;
- Must be reliable, highly-motivated, well-organized, results-oriented, and customer-focused;
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and awareness and effectiveness in using various web and social media tools.
- Able to work in a fast paced matrix environment
- An established network of contacts within the Bay Area Pharma Industry (preferred)
Get in touch w/Derrick Ferrar to discuss your qualifications for this role and review further specifications