I. Summary of the role
Amadeus is a leading provider of IT solutions for the global travel industry. Our North American R&D group in Greater Boston area is expanding!
The mission of the Airline IT division is to contribute to the Amadeus flight search technology and applications.
We work closely with the biggest players of the industry (Kayak, Expedia, American, Delta, Southwest...etc) to ensure the travel solutions' selection and availability computation are up to their high expectations. We are responsible for some of the largest Amadeus applications that process about 65 000 transactions per second at peak time with data storage based on state of the art NoSQL technology. We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer who will be in charge of Back End development to design and develop the evolution of these components.
What do we offer:
- A collaborative Agile organization with teams spread across the world
- Opportunity to work with some of the best technical minds in the world to deliver travel industry leading software systems
- Opportunities to lead and innovate/drive a new idea with management support
- Opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
Education / Experience:
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field or relevant
- 0 – 2 years of software experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- 0 years of experience with master’s degree.
- Open-minded, should be able to adapt to working in a multi-cultural team atmosphere
- Flexible to adapt to changing project needs driven by the customers
- Ability to think out of the box, develop tools to enhance productivity
- Proven programming experience/expertise in Python, C++, Java
- Ability to self-learn new technologies
- Interest in Information Technology innovations and trends
- Knows software engineering best practices