JOB SUMMARY: You will serve as strategic interface with a multi-line of business portfolio that includes some of the most critical organizations at IDEXX.
In this role you will support diverse product lines including: Vetlab Diagnostics and IoT (Internet of Things), Digital Radiography, Telemedicine, and Veterinary Software and Services, MDM (Master Data Management) & Data Analytics for business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. This position provides a unique opportunity to engage at a strategic level in an Enterprise Big Data program at IDEXX. You will partner with the COE Head of Global Data Services to lead the collaboration with key business stakeholders, systems product owners, and other IT Business Partners to ensure the delivery of IDEXX’s data strategy. This includes initiatives that amass data from all facets of IDEXX lines of business and functions allowing for companywide analytic capabilities. You will provide strategic consulting-level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. As a strategic partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders you will help define opportunities, identify and prioritize projects delivering technology products that meet business needs. You will serve as the “trusted advisor” and be the primary IT point of contact to business. Come join a team that directly impacts a global market and creates solutions that change the world! PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with business and internal IT resources to create strategic business plans. Operates as key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities. Advocates for the respective business area in term of IT needs.
- Develops and implements solution roadmaps to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with the respective business areas. Focuses on strategic initiatives and planning activities for the business.
- Understand customer needs and requirements, processes and market challenges.
- Assist with developing solution concepts and business cases for new investments. Understands market challenges, including the respective business area’s priorities and competitive issues. Facilitates investment intake process and high-level planning and execution of business initiatives through the use of technology. Advocates for the respective business area.
- Performs high level business analysis and prepares cost estimates for initiatives, including requests for capital expenditures.
- Create and analyze relevant information in relationship to the initiatives, develop recommendations and presents to the business. Serves a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives. Shares knowledge of technologyrisks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. Acts as key liaison across functional areas, including business units, IT and coordinating resources for maximum effectiveness.
- Creates shared vision of and facilitates decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develops and implements sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in/phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Creates consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversees launch of solutions and helps maximize positive impact on the organization.
- Identifies, screens and evaluates new solution opportunities to address unmet needs of the respective business area.
- Utilizes the appropriate technologies and ensure that the respective business area have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements; negotiates outages and downtime with business stakeholders.
- Collaborates with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards, including security and risk management.
- Collaborates with Project Management Office (PMO) on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Participates in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions.
- May manage staff, assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Manages escalated/critical issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. EXPERIENCE:
- Is recognized as an external thought leader within strategic function or discipline.
- Significantly influences functional strategy; may participate in development of product or division strategy.
- Proactively identifies, defines and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business.
- Leads large projects/initiatives that impact the business on a domestic or international scale.
- Contributes through leadership and innovation that influences change and advancement of the industry and/or profession.
- Successful experience leading virtual teams
- Typically, 10 years of relevant IT experience, 5 years of management experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen, including understanding of business/financialdrivers of success, and drive to provide value to the business.
- Ability to be a communication bridge and translator between IT and the LOB’s
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strategic thinking and planning ability.
- Strong organizational skills, including operational execution excellence.
- Proactive and anticipatory in thinking.
- Nimble, agile, lean thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with senior leaders and other key decision makers.
- Team and collaboration orientation.
- Project management skills and abilities.