The Sales Director is a key member of the Direct Sales Management Team and thus will direct and manage all sales and sales operations associated with the hiring, training, and motivating of several outside sales teams, overseeing order entry and installation, and ensuring profitability of the markets via full Profit and Loss (P & L) management. TelePacific not only offers a competitive base salary and full benefits, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401K plan, but we also offer a performance-based bonus plan and significant stock option plan that will be the key motivation compensation component for this position.
Works under the general supervision of the Regional Vice President of Sales.
Directly supervises and manages direct sales employees (approximately 1-22 employees).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for balancing expenditures and growing revenue at the local/regional level.
- Oversee the teams’ success in building sales relationships, networking with customer and/or vendor prospects, remaining knowledgeable on new products, and being efficient in their use of time.
- Provide individual feedback and coaching.
- Serve as an escalation point for specific customer issues/action items.
- Recruit/hire top tier talent.
- Engage in performance management and be integral in providing consult to upper management regarding the overall direction of the sales function.
- Direct day-to-day management of 1-2 sales teams inclusive of:
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Churn Analysis
- Day-to-day management of thesalesoperation inclusive of:
- Quota and Funnel Review
- Market Analysis
- Report generation and presentation
- Partnership with management, product marketing, provisioning
- Customer Escalations
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle is an essential function of this position in accordance with company policy.
- Works collaboratively with various departments across the company (e.g., marketing, field services, provisioning, engineering, Information Systems) to assist with ensuring that the sales teams understand and have access to all resources available to them for sales success.
- Maintains key communication efforts to achieve the company’s strategic business plans and forecasts.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited fourâ€‘year college or university with a degree in a relevant technical or business discipline is required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a manager in a sales/marketing organization required.
- Ten ore more (10+) years of experience in the voice/data telecommunications industry highly desirable.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience as head of a significant business unit preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must possess a thorough understanding of voice and data communications as well as IP-related technologies.
- Must be a team player that brings the experience of sophisticated sales management from mature organizations coupled with a more casual and apolitical get-it-done style.
- The ability to exercise sound business judgment in hiring, spending, pricing, and negotiating is irreplaceable for this position.
- Must be an excellent communicator and manager of people and relationships who is also a results-oriented achiever that aspires to executive management positions in the future.
- Strong public speaking, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Strong business ethics.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations and adapt to them.
- Excellent business appropriate oral and written communications skills.
- Intermediate mathematical processing skills.
- Advanced understanding of general telecommunications and related principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
- Must have the ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional and collaborative
- Will be required to drive to assist the sales employees with customer prospecting and appointments (approximately 40% of the job).
- Will be required to travel outside of their region on an occasional basis (approximately 20%)
- Will be required to have a flexible work schedule as may be required to work longer than 8 hours per day as required.
- May be required to work either before or after business hours as required
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record
- No DUIs within the past 3 years
- Ability to drive is an essential function of this position. Drivers with a suspended or revoked driver’s license are subject to disciplinary action up to and including separation of employment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will spend up to 50% of time sitting at desk, typing on keyboard, viewing computer monitor, answering telephone calls.
- The employee will spend approximately 40-60% of the time traveling to customer/vendor premises or out in the field prospecting for sales with sales personnel.
- The employee will frequently be required to get in and out of an automobile.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.