The AVP, Life Customer Services will contribute and develop strategies, and prioritize business, teams and individual objectives based on the department vision/mission/goals.
S/he will ensure that decisions align with department vision and strategy, and will lead the organization in transforming business processes, enhance the control environment, develop leaders, and leverage continuous improvement skills while demonstrating a strong customer centric philosophy.
- Contributes to developing strategies with substantial impact to successfully deliver operations and enhance the customer experience with focus on enhanced Service Delivery in Written Communications, Non-Financial, Returned Mail, and Data Quality teams
- Anticipates and provides strategies/solutions to complex department problems or trends
- Leads a cross-site, operational team(s) and individual contributors
- Translates strategy into high-performing goals, combines urgency and a bias for action with appropriate planning and reporting of results
- Designs business processes & systems to drive operational & financial performance within Life Customer Service
- Creates annual business plan & budget; identifies opportunities to reduce costs, enhance effectiveness, ensure quality & increase customer satisfaction
- Partners with internal stakeholders to support Service Delivery utilizing continuous improvement skills and optimizing business processes.
- Partners with Distribution leaders to develop creative solutions to complex customer issues
- Supports LCS build out of Digital and Customer Experience initiatives; includes other stakeholders in planning; leverages knowledge of financialdrivers to influence leaders and gain support
- Leads strategic project team responsible for product changes, testing, and organizational readiness communications across LCS
- Directs execution of departmental strategy, policy, and goals
- Recommends course of action based on technical knowledge & skills, delivers information requiring considerable interpretation
- Supports front-line management in building a culture of empowerment, ownership & accountability, leveraging technology & tools to create an efficient end-to-end service experience
- Establishes change leadership practices & processes; supports senior management in shaping change initiatives and keeping initiatives ‘on target’ as the implementation process unfolds
- Maintains policy administration practices that ensure integrity of customer data and department’s adherence to privacy guidelines
- Builds strong relationships with key internal stakeholders involving high levels of trust & integrity through repeated positive outcomes and superior on-going responsiveness & support
- Serves as Complaint team liaison for DOL, social media, and consumer complaints managed thru the Office of the President
- Maintains industry expertise and facilitates staff engagement to create a fulfilling work & customer experience
Experience and Education
- 10+ Years experience in the financial services industry that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience operations or service (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)