The Senior Network Access Appliance Engineer has ongoing responsibility for the evaluation, design, development, installation, testing, and modifications Firewalls, IPS(Intrusion Prevention System), NAC(Network Access Control), ISE(Identity Service Engine) and VPN(Virtual Private Network) Appliance. Responsible for the security of the Local LAN, WAN and Data Center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Firewall, IPS, NAC, ISE and VPN Appliance upgrades in a timely manner and adhere to the change control process.
- Test all network Firewall, IPS, NAC, ISE and VPN Appliance changes appropriately before making them in the production environment.
- Apply recommended security patches within the requested timeframes, and report patches that cannot be applied in the appropriate manner.
- Assess network security needs and help to maintain a secure, private and safe network in accordance with the IT Security Program.
- Monitor Firewall, IPS, NAC, ISE, VPN Appliance activity and report to management instances of abuse and/or misuse of the network.
- Apply monthly software maintenance for security-related systems as required.
- Maintain current documentation of the network security environment.
- Make changes and enhancements to the network security environment as required.
- Primary Vendor Interface for Firewall, IPS, NAC, ISE, VPN Appliance.
- Mentor and cross train with other team members.
- Implements and maintains the necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction. Provides guidance and direction for the protection of information systems assets to other areas as needed.
- Advanced College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant general Information Technology experience required.
- Certifications such as CCNP Security, PCNSE, CCNA Security or CISSP are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts, certification in ITIL v3 Foundations desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.