Derivetechnology solution specifications and supporting non-functional requirements from business requirements and design solutions that support core organizational functions while assuring high availability andother performance goals. Gain organizational commitment fortechnology systems and software plans and assist in evaluating and selectingtechnologiesrequired to complete those plans. Provide integratedtechnology-related technical expertise and leadership across various technical domains, from conceptualization and project planning to the post-implementation support level. Principally works, under limited supervision, with Business Unit (BU) personnel, external vendors, andinternal IT Services personnel including Enterprise Architects, Application Development Services (ADS) Architects, Project Management, InformationSecurity andother IT Operations Services teams to develop solution specifications in compliance with corporatetechnology andarchitecturestandards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide technology solution expertise, technical leadership, requirements, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Solutions Architects, and application development teams.
2. Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define technology requirements for complex systems and solution development.
3. Where applicable, design, and oversee development and implementation of end-to-end integrated technology solutions.
4. Document the company’s existing solution architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
5. Develop, document, and communicate needs for investing in technology evolution, including analysis of cost- reduction opportunities.
6. Liais with Enterprise Architects to conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend technologies that will increase operational efficiency, infrastructure flexibility, and operational stability.
7. Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of demonstrated experience of technology solution design and delivery in multiple information technology areas in a medium to large corporation
3. Exposure to and solid working knowledge of systems integration involving both IBM mainframe as well as distributed environments involving Internet Protocols
4. Ability to derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams, in verbal as well as in written form
5. Ability to grasp the “big picture” for a solution by considering all potential options and impacted areas
6. Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
7. Excellent understanding of client service models and customer orientation in service delivery
8. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight