Masco Cabinetry has an immediate opening for a Continuous Improvement Manager in Mt. Jackson, VA!
Masco Cabinetry manufactures three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid®, Merillat® and QualityCabinets®. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, Masco Cabinetry brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America. A leader in environmental stewardship, Masco Cabinetry products have been granted an Environmental Stewardship Program certificate by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association.
Responsible for all aspects of the plant’s continuous improvement program to ensure successful attainment of plant goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain Continuous Improvement programs including Total Preventive
Maintenance (TPM), DMAIC problem solving methodology, 5S, Value Stream Management
planning and the implementation of lean manufacturing methods.
• Coordinate and facilitate Kaizen events for the continuous improvement of manufacturing
operations systems processes.
• Maintain cost reduction documentation and provide recommendations for further cost saving initiatives.
• Develop and lead continuous improvement activities and training schedules to achieve plant
goals and objectives in accordance with the Masco Cabinetry Manufacturing Management
Operating System (MOS).
• Implement and conduct training programs and provide solutions for organizational training
needs in areas as requested.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by effectively leveraging communication
processes and employee relations programs.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field; 8years of lean manufacturing
Systems and continuous improvement experience with a minimum of an Associate’s degree.
• 5 years manufacturing experience with 3 years in manufacturing processes and/or training.
• 3 years lean manufacturing systems and continuous improvement experience.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or comparable problem solving certification.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with
cross-functional business teams.
• Demonstrated successful ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of
• Ability to travel daily between plant locations.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Six SigmaBlack Belt Certification or comparable problem solving certification.
• Maintenance equipment and/or TPM experience.
• Knowledge of Management Systems including health and safety, environmental, quality and
• Fluent written and spoken Spanish language skills.