The Structuring Manager will be responsible for the department efforts of commercial power structuring of renewable energy power purchase agreements (PPAs) for the organization and our partner organizations as well as evaluating commercial PPA terms for acquisitions. The successful candidate will have previous experience power purchase agreement contract structuring. Knowledge of market conditions including curtailment practice implications, market participants, supply and demand drivers of renewables, customer practices. Ability to work across engineering, construction, legal, transmission and financial functions within the organization. Individual is expected to be highly motivated, capable, and willing, to support the organization in providing value to the shareholder, the financial stakeholders and to our customers across a wide spectrum of US markets.
- Negotiating complex sales transactions, ideally long term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with utilities and C/I customers.
- Analyze PPAs and other power related contracts in collaboration with internal stakeholders from functions across the organization.
- Optimize and maintain relationships with our partner organizations (external) and internal groups including procurement, engineering, trading, operations, insurance, legal and others.
- Streamline deal structures to support the project financing arrangements and incorporate lessons learned from previous deals/operating projects.
- Participate in and support local and global corporate initiatives
- Some knowledge of power markets, customers and segments in North America
- Understanding of and/or ability to address concepts including: basis risk, power markets, hedging, losses, and congestion
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Resourceful and relentless attention to detail
- No travel restrictions up to 40%
- Expert with MS excel and highly skilled with otherMS office products
- Passionate about renewable energy and sustainability
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5years of experience in roles that provide exposure to long term contractual arrangements for renewable energy
- Some experience pricing, structuring and analyzing physical and financial PPAs
- Experience with PPA transactions in power markets, customers, and deal structure types
- Knowledge of and experience in over-the-counter forward markets, physical markets, and/or futures markets
- Experienced and effective team member