Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
LANDMARK Ground Support Services (GSS) - Project performs technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total system. Analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) will be a member of the End-to-End systems engineering team responsible for developing enterprise and system level test plans and procedures, reviewing segment level test scenarios and test reports, leading test working groups across multi-organizational groups, and conducting and leading segment and system level test events. The individual will also be required to track project execution, identify and mitigate risks, brief senior government customers, and work collaboratively in a multi-contractor, FFRDC and government environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to facilitate meetings with multi-organizational stakeholders, understanding explicit and implicit deliverables
- Proficiency applying SE&I (e.g., processes, IV&V, and transition, risk and readiness management)
- Self-starter, proactive in responding to customer needs, ability to work independently and within team environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
- Ability to operate in an extremely dynamic environment
- Responsible, reliable and flexible
- Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- SE&I experience working with Geospatial/GEOINT or SIGINT capabilities, systems, segments, services, architecture, analysis, capability implementation, process experience, test planning and conduct
- Experience with cross-organizational integration and test activities and conduct
- Ability to analyze test requests to ensure compliance against requirements, operational scenarios, and test objectives
- Ability to lead and influence.
Job ID 2017-49141