PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SCOPE:
The Regional Management position will focus on sales and marketing. Management of personal customer base of sales (30% of time); Participate on the leadership team, work with outside vendors and various departments within KSS to continually move KSS forward as a company of excellence, keeping the KSS vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action. To successfully differentiate our offerings of product, service and knowledge in order to create value over and above that offered by others in the. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. (Other duties may be assigned. Revisions and additions will be made as deemed necessary by the Vice President and/or Owners).
· Directly oversee the Sales Consultants at all branches with the exception of Petoskey and the UP.
· To build, maintain, coach and direct efficient, well trained, and effective SC’s. To maintain and build good morale and develop loyalty with the sales team; to obtain maximum sales volume and profit margin of SC’s. The goal being to ensure the proper training required to attain Need Satisfaction Selling with a goal toward Consultative Selling.
· Provide on-going sales training and support training programs adopted by corporate; Ensure saleseducation and training is reviewed and implemented in the field.
- Assist in the overall goals of KSS’s 3 and 5-yearsales and profitability plans.
· To assign written sales objectives to SC’s’; to routinely evaluate performance in their attainment (and document); and to take necessary steps to bring results in line with objectives; maintain adequate documentation of all correspondence with SC’s; make available to Human Resource.
· Document the progress of each sales team member and have a written review at least monthly or more often as necessary. Review these meetings with the Vice President within a timely basis.
· Assist with training the SC on how to manage/plan their daily activities. This should include: Territory routing to maximize face to face with the customer, utilizing lunch hour to the fullest, proper use of voice mail & e-mail, communications with home office, how to utilize the coordinator to maximize the sales team member’s effectiveness.
- Ensure the following are completed by SC’s (and for your own personal sales responsibility):
- Demonstration and use of Baseline Selling program
- Support of all training initiatives
- Daily use of CRM system
- Submission of weekly pre-planners and daily written follow up
- Written professional and personal goals
- Present yourself professionally; attire; preparation and behavior
- Commit to ongoing networking events and programs
· To keep management informed as to significant sales developments affecting the company. To achieve adequate profit margins and sales volumes as required to maintain profitable operations.
· To travel in the field (90% of your time), calling on present and prospective customers, consulting and directing SC’s as the needs require. Calls on present and prospective customer are to be made in conjunction with the proper SC and for the purpose of assisting them. Assisting the SC’s in building goodwill with present and prospective customers.
- Ensure SC’s are utilizing software tools and programs adopted by KSS. Help determine what other training tools are needed for SC’s;
· To inspect the sales team members operations (auto, dress, office, branch, files etc.) to see that policies and instructions are properly executed and customers are properly served and to take remedial action when required, and document.
· Set up "ride with’s" with SC’s and or with manufacturer rep. Document all ride with’s and have the sales team member critique their work for the day. If the team member is riding with a vendor representative then they both shall fill out the form and turn into the sales manager. Guidelines for ride with’s as deemed necessary by the Vice President.
· Reviews shall be completed on a timely basis. Documentation of reviews will be used on KSS’s standard forms and turned in to the HR Department to be placed in the personnel files. Continuously seek to improve the sales team members and internal support team.
· Assist as lead for coordinating and presenting at company Sales meetings; coordination of agenda activities, vendor needs, training materials, etc
· To constructively participate in such committee activities as deemed necessary by Management.
PERSONAL SALES RESPONSIBILITY
- Create sales volume that includes a commitment to make sales on a daily basis to prospective customers, cold calls, as well as current customer base. 30% of time must be directed to own sales.
- Providing service to accounts, which may entail working any hour during the day or night and on weekends. Provide training to customers: end users, management, etc. as needed and whenever needed. Must be reachable by management and customer base 24/7.
- Responsible for completing the current reporting requirements (and any others adopted by KSS in the future) which are: Weekly Pre-planner, Daily Call Report and the Monthly Sales Review Report. These are to be submitted to the V.P. and President.
- Keeping customer files and records updated with appropriate contact names (salutation, first/last name, titles) phone/fax numbers, e-mail addresses, purchasing / pricing history.
- Responsible for coordinating pricing and otherrequired details on orders to ensure they can be invoiced when shipped; Some delivery of orders.
- Working closely with assigned Account Coordinator to assist you with coordination of quotations, order entry, etc.
- Attending sales meetings and training seminars when available/as scheduled. Calling into the office on a routine basis to receive phone messages, messages from other employees, etc. Communicating as necessary via E-mail, voice mail, etc.
- Actively utilizing a time management and customer management system adopted by KSS.
· Non-selling time (outside of the normal business day of 8-5) should be used for writing orders, figuring bids, keeping files and E-mails current, and writing proposals, doing sales management activities/planning, etc.
· Assist with pipeline and selection of Sales Consultants and other positions within the organization
· Participate in industry trade shows and organizational meetings/groups such as, but not limited to, MiSSA, ISSA and MSBO’s, including community organizations such as chamber of commerce and others for sound public relations for the company.
· Communicate the flow back of information on industry and marketing data from customers and on competitive conditions in the field; maintaining an awareness for opportunities with those individuals or organizations which can influence sales opportunities and to plan for their realization. .
· Participate on the Leadership team and work towards continually increasing their presence as a company of excellence. Participate in Leadership reviews, benchmark reviews and Monday morning Wolfpack meeting.
· At times, work with the Marketing Director and team on salesevents and sales initiatives.
· Complete all safety-HR-OSHA online training within the timeline requested.
1. Valid Drivers License, Insurance for car to equal 100/300; adherence to Risk Management Policy
2. Cell phone
3. Maintain home office
4. Become proficient in daily usage of KSS software programs.
Samples needed for demonstrations, etc., must be written up as an order, and the Sales Consultant may be able to split the cost with KSS, upon approval of the V.P. Samples are to be normal maintenance items (i.e. liquids) and exclude equipment. Payment must be made within our terms of net 30 days or election of payment through payroll deduction
Products purchased for personal use must be written up as an order and the charge will be cost plus 10% on most items (plus any extra shipping or handling charges) and tax. Payment must be made within our terms of Net 30 days, or election of payment through payroll deduction.
If the employee is terminated or resigns, all money owed by the employee to KSS must be paid (samples purchased, product purchased, etc.). If not paid within terms/time-frame of last paycheck, it will be deducted from the next commission/draw amount.
Employee is responsible for using their own tools needed to service accounts.
KSS will issue the last earned commission/draw check or expense money, if any, within 8-weeks of the last day of work, unless unusual circumstances arise & is reviewed collectively. Payment will only be made on orders invoiced.
All catalogs, books, literature, customer records, computer equipment, pagers, machines, videos, briefcase, etc. are the sole property of KSS. Upon any termination or resignation, the employee agrees to turn all of the above catalogs, etc. to KSS in satisfactory condition. If all materials are not turned in (in good condition) by the last scheduled work day, all costs of items and any cost incurred in collecting said items, will be deducted from any commission that has been earned but not yet paid; if the commission earned but not yet paid is NOT sufficient to cover amounts owed to KSS, then collection will be made directly from the Sales Consultant.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Direct supervision of Sales Consultants.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3 to 5years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Understanding “add-on” percent and “margin” percent.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid Drivers license; good driving record at all times; adherence to Risk Management Policy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is sometimes required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Includes but not limited to: Basic use of office equipment such as copiers, fax machines; possible use of power tools such as drills and screwdrivers, and other hand tools; handling of batteries, chargers, motors, etc. Operating floor equipment such as buffers, auto scrubbers, vacuums, carpet extractors, dispensing systems, kitchen/dishwashing equipment, etc.