Provides leadership and administration to the trauma program on a 24-hour basis. The scope includes the trauma programs, system integration and outreach with hospitals, EMS agencies and the community and regulatory compliance. Identifies, introduces, assimilates, and promotes change successfully. Designs new and better processes in patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary and multi-departmental approach to achieve quality and superior services across the continuum of care. Coordinates and evaluates program development, personnel decisions, budget, and provision of services in conjunction with the organizational strategic plans. Works closely with the medical directors of all related services.
Reports directly to Chief Medical Officer. Direct reports include all trauma services staff.
- Bachelor's level degree is required. Master's level degree is preferred.
- Colorado Licensed registered Nurse, required
- BLS, required
- Advanced Trauma certification or current status (TNCC, CATN,TCAR or TCRN)
- Ten (10) years of nursing experience, including at least five (5) years of previous supervisory or management level experience is required.
- Familiarity with EMS System, State of Colorado Trauma System, and local/state/national governing bodies responsible for the care of trauma patients (i.e. SEMATC, ACS)
- Familiar with Level 2 3 and 4 trauma centers
Job Number: 17006991