As a manager, you will be expected to participate technically with your team; this is just not an administration role. Success in this role will require you to have the ability to prioritize your work and have strong collaboration and time management with your internal JHA customers to insure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner. Travel is up to 25% to attend a JHA training, conference and inter office staff meetings. Jack Henry offers work/life balance and competitive benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 7 years technical experience in software development.
- Previous leadership experiencerequired.
- Excellent knowledge of the software industry, software development lifecycle and programming standards.
- Excellent speaking and writing abilities.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Able to oversee the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions. Guides development efforts toward solving industry needs.
- Able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities as needed.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Able to coach and mentor employees, providing career and professional guidance.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.