We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You’re a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit… if this sounds like you, then please apply – we’d love to meet you!
Celerity's team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We’re in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
- Under general supervision, this position is part of an agile development team that analyzes, plans, designs, develops, tests, debugs, maintains, and documents software application development
- Adherence to documented Life Cycle Development Protocols and Project Governance is critical
- Application Development is mostly done using Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) and .NET software
- This position will interface with internal customers and consult in creating software solutions to the end user
- Applications deployed all have impact to labor and/or postage savings to the enterprise
- Applications developed read/write to core systems, but are not changes to core Information Technology (IT) systems (e.g., Compass, Web)
- $60,600 -$65,000 Max
- Analysis, Design and Programming (75%)
- Develop moderate to complex software application solutions in SAS, .NET and/or Intervoice Development Studio Interaction Composer from technical requirements
- Develop moderate to complex software applications for reporting and batch environments, pulling data from multiple sources (e.g. DB2 & SQL Table Structures, ACCESS databases, proprietary systems (e.g., Compass, Web)) with full business understanding of table setups and cross source relationships.
- Perform coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes
- Test, troubleshoot and debug application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy, making necessary adjustments to code and design based on analysis
- Develop and execute unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality
- Support system testing for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality
- Understand customer requirements; design appropriete solutions considering impact across processes and systems
- Develop a wide range of solutions from technical requirements received from the business unit and/or Change Request (CR) systems using various methods and/or tool technologies.
- Adhere to defined processes and procedures to ensure the quality of the technical solution
- Recommend enhancements that improve customer requirements/solutions
- Contribute to requirements and user documentation
- Thoroughly document work products following established process
- Support Senior Developers in compiling detailed activity task management including recording work effort and providing estimates of time to complete tasks.
- Support Senior Developers in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined
- Follow code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices.
- Participate in code reviews
- Production Support (20%)
- Participate in production support activities including root causes analysis, incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches
- May participate in the review, setup and support of new application development projects/environments
- Provide on callsupport in support of application and system availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues causing the unavailability of applications for users
- Document the cause and resolution of outages in the System Info databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to stay current in industry specific knowledge and emerging trends
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree computer science, four years ofprogramming experience or relevant experience or certification in computer science, information technology
- Experience in one of the following to automate repetitive processes: VB.Net, SAS, Intervoice Development, Studio Interaction Composer
- Proficient with Sequel Server, DB2 and SQL
- Must have an understanding of relational database structures
- Self-starter who is a fast learner and can quickly come up to speed
- Highly self-motivated individual comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment while ensuring accurate and timely results
- Demonstrated team player who is able to communicate and work with peers, managers and customers and has the ability to make themselves understood when speaking about technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- Experience with managing multiple activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely results
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
- Preferredqualifications: Demonstrated experience with SAS and/or .NET software
- Perform work required for this position in an office environment
- Remain sedentary for significant periods of time
- Must be able to use a personal computer
- Competent problem solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details
- Demonstrated basic analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment
- Ability to solve problems of a moderate to complex technical nature
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus