Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. Our industrial businesses serve customers whose primary market drivers are automotive repair and industrial production. We cover military, mining, transit, agriculture, energy, aviation, and manufacturing, to start. Our industrial tool businesses build the tools that build your world. We are capable of bringing the strength of the world’s largest tool company to provide multi-platform solutions to the industrial and automotive repair industry.
We believe we can make this happen and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.
The Quality Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager. As member of the Georgetown leadership team, the Quality Manager is involved in the daily management and participates in various cross-functional teams. The Quality Manager is the Voice of the Customer leading the Quality Operations. The Quality Manager is responsible for the Development/implementation/administration of the QMS according to ISO 9001 with primary focus on the Customer and on the quality of the product, while reducing waste. The Quality Manager ensures the Quality of the products and services match customer expectations, from the design of the products produced, through the manufacturing of those products and to all after sales operations. The Quality Manager ensures compliance to any and all applicable regulations. The Quality Manager manages the means and the manpower available for all quality operations. The Quality Manager is also responsible for qualification of all new products and modifications to existing products. The Quality Manager operates in both product and production process assurance/improvement and drives the Continual Improvement Process.
Essential Job Functions
Quality Management System
- Lead the implementation of the plant QMS according to ISO 9001. Maintain and manage the QMS.
- Maintain and enforce the Quality Policy and the Quality Manual of the Plant, consistent with company goals.
- Drive the setting of necessary quality standards and measurement systems with documentation.
- Make sure employees respect the Procedures and the Work Instructions included in the QMS.
- Define KPIs with the plant Manager, measure and monitor KPIs.
- Ensure Quality Reporting to the GTS - HTS Global Quality Manager.
- Conduct Management reviews.
- Reduce the Cost of Non Quality (Scrap&Rework, Cost of Warranty).
- Implement and make sure Preventive and Corrective Actions are performed, check their efficiency.
- Manage the Internal Audit process (plan, follow up).
- Drive the Continual Improvement Process in all operations (improvement actions).
- Achieve significant process improvements by guiding teams/individuals using analytical methods.
- Insure adequate resources are being employed to meet QMS and Customer requirements
- Investigate and manage Customer Complaints
- Perform and Analyze Customer surveys.
- Manage Measuring Tools and Equipment calibration.
- Maintain Process Documentation.
- Develop and implement training on quality programs.
- Lead a system upgrade of the QMS from ISO9001:2008 to ISO9001:2015 compliance
Quality Assurance (Products and Processes)
- Define, implement and insure all employees respect the methods utilized to insure the Quality of Products produced in-house or purchased from vendors.
- Make sure inspections/tests are correctly performed for all manufactured and purchased products.
- ApplySix Sigma principles, Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) by using and coaching Probability & Statistics, Process Capability & Performance, Hypothesis Testing, Design of Experiments, Correlation & Regression, Measurement Systems Analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Establish and improve process controls for new and existing production lines by creating and reviewing Control Plans, Statistical Process Control and Statistical Quality Control (SQC) tools, Measurement Systems Analysis. Design or acquire Gages and other Quality Measurement Equipment.
- Inform the Plant Manager on any important Quality Issues.
- Lead resolution of quality issues found in the factory, suppliers, or DCs using QRQC/8D methods. Responsible for identification of root causes of the Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) for the in-house and outsourced manufacturing processes through the investigation process using specific tools such as 5-Why, Cause and Effect (Fishbone) Diagram, Tree Diagram and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. Also responsible for correcting nonconformities through the Corrective-Preventive Actions (CAPA) and verification of the effectiveness of the actions implemented in order to prevent the reoccurrence of nonconformities.
- Has the authority to stop production when nonconforming products are being produced.
- Review nonconforming products to determine disposition. Recommend rework as required.
- Make sure nonconforming products don’t reach the Customer.
Essential Skills & Experience
- EngineeringDegree with 5-7+ years experience in QMS in Manufacturing operations.
- Strong ISO 9001 experience, focused on the customer.
- Management experience with strong leadership, team based work philosophy, daily management.
- CQE and Lean 6Sigma certification Desired
- Strong Communication Skills both written and oral with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven experience with Quality tools: Internal AuditISO 9001, Production Process Audit, Workstation Audit, Acceptance Test Plan, Quality Control Plan, Reliability, Statistics, FMEA/PFMEA, Weibull analysis, Root Cause Analysis 7QB, 5W, Fishbone/Ishikawa, 6M, QRQC/8D, GR&R, Statistics, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Cp/Cpk, SPC, Supplier Development, PQA Approach, 5S.
- Experience defining tests which ensure customer requirements
- Skilled in problem resolution and providing best practices solutions.
- Effective at performing data analysis using software such as Excel, MiniTab, ReliaSoft, etc.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to achieve low risk product solutions.