- Specific focus areas are the digital Marketing brand websites including mobile websites, infrastructure operations and software like JBOSS, Apache and Splunk that runs the backend systems that enable these consumer touch points.
- Must possess the skills to read, understand, interpret, and communicate technical systematic issues effectively to management and peers and should be able to demonstrate these skill categories: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for application development, maintenance and production support performed by different IT vendors and act as a liaison between business and infrastructure groups
- Work independently with business users to define concepts under general direction of manager. Support the business users in creating business case by defining their system needs and by estimating appropriate high level costs and resource requirements. Should be able to challenge business users on their assumptions and proposed execution plan where necessary.
- Support application development by being part of a project team and following SDLC processes to create deliverable assigned to Business Analysts including application testingProvide oversight and lead troubleshooting as required to restore critical application downtime caused by various issues like infrastructure environment, software, network etc.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and be able to manage priorities
- Job requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse Groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Bachelor’s degree with 5 Years overall IS/IT experience with at least:
- 3 years application development and maintenance experience
- 2 years experience in working with third party/external vendors.
- Prior experience working with off-shore personnel is a plus.
Experience as an application developer with a working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies:
- Web development, Java/J2EE, Content Management Systems, Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix, Mobile Application or Mobile Web Development, Vehicle Telematics
- Knowledge of Web application architecture a plus. Technical experience with programming online screens, data interfaces or batch jobs a plus.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent