2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Masonite - Stanley, VA
Hours: Monday-Friday (2:30PM-11:30PM)
At Masonite, we believe every door is a connection, and we’ve been building better ones for more than 80 years. Still we continue to evolve. Today we’re meeting new market demands, and applying research with the latest technologies to accelerate innovation and expand our offerings.
This position is a great opportunity to come in at the ground level during the launch of our Lean Operating System, with highlighted ability to gain LeanSix Sigma Belts/Certifications.
- This position will be involved in the launch of the Mvantage, Lean Operating System (Masonite's Revolutionary 4 Tier Lean Shop Floor Plan) .
- Working withother shift supervisors and plant managers to leverage lean tools and maintain measurable safety, quality, cost reduction, and productivity goals and objectives.
- You will supervise production activities and delegate work assignments to ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs) are identified, structured and addressed.
- Use production boards to keep employees enlightened and informed of the department performance against standards, working with them to correct deficiencies.
- Part of your job will be to administer labor contract, plant rules and other policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner.
- Facilitate Gemba walks out on the plant floor, monitoring machine center performance to ensure optimum efficiencies, a practice used by Lean Leaders, and participate in Tier II meetings with senior leadership using appropriate decision making tools gaining approval before implementing decisions or changes.
- Previous leadership experience in a team-based Lean Manufacturing environment with the ability to communicate and resolve conflict for personnel and contractural issues applying accuracy and thoroughness is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or related field is highly preferred, however it is not required for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lean manufacturing: 3years
- leading or supervising in manufacturing environment: 5years