Requisition Number 25064
At HealthPRO® Rehabilitation, we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As a HealthPRO® Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition.
If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at HealthPRO® Rehabilitation!
We are looking for a school psychologist to join our team in the Cecil County, MD area! School psychologist needed full-time for grades K-12.
- Consult with teachers, parents, administrators, and community mental health providers about learning, social, and behavior problems;
- Engage in school-wide mental health activities;
- Assist educators in implementing safe, healthy classroom and school environments;
- Teach parenting skills, problem-solving strategies, substance abuse, and other topics pertinent to healthy schools;
- Conduct research about effective instruction, behavior management, alternative school programs, and mental health interventions;
- Assess and evaluate the wide variety of school-related problems and assets of children and youth in assigned schools;
- Intervene directly with students and families through individual counseling, support groups, and skills training;
- Serve as a member of interdisciplinary teams to address needs of at-risk students and to serve the needs of students with disabilities through the special education assessment, eligibility, and placement process;
- Communicate results of psychological evaluations to parents, teachers, and others so that they can understand the nature of the students difficulties and how to better serve the students needs;
- Engage in crisis prevention and intervention services;
- Work with a wide range of student emotional and academic issues;
- May serve one or multiple schools in a school district or work for a community mental health center and/or in a university setting.
Experience/Education Required Education:
- The majority of states require the completion of a 60 graduate semester specialist-level program in school psychology, including a 1200-hour internship. Many programs also offer a doctorate in school psychology, which generally requires 5-7 years of graduate work, including a 1500-hour internship and completion of a dissertation.
- There are a few states that continue to certify school psychologists that graduate from programs of less than 60 graduate semester credits; however, NASP maintains that the minimum acceptable education in school psychology is specialist-level training.
- State license in the state which you are currently working.