Vice President, Project Operations
Position located in Pineville, LA.
The VP, Project Operations leads the DTPS Project Management team and serves as the executive over the Project Support Services (PSS) team and Project Services Center (PSC). The individual in this role must be adaptable, engaged, and focused on strategically driving business operations to deliver the 2020 vision. The duties of this role include leading the development and execution of DTPS’ objectives, goals, strategies, and measures and working with the DTPS leadership team to deliver initiatives that support the company vision. The VP, Project Operations is responsible for end to end leadership of DTPS Project Management (PM) and the Project Support Services’ (PSS) business operations. This includes Project Management & Execution, Customer Service & Relationship Building, Continuous Quality Improvement, Manufacturing & Logistics, People Development, and some Marketing / Business Development. This individual is responsible for the PM and PSS business segment profit-loss statements, budgets, and otherfinancialreports and forecasts, and communicating these effectively with Crest leadership.
The VP, Project Operations must demonstrate the core values and purpose of Crest Industries: Honesty – Trust – Integrity/Customers – Service/Challenging work – Deliver the impossible/Question everything – Prove it to yourself – Find a better way/Treat people like family – Respect and dignity.
- Core: Demonstrates core values and purpose of Crest.
- Communication: Clearly expresses ideas and seeks to build mutual understanding across audiences and scenarios.
- Execution and Results: Achieves meaningful accomplishments through personal work, approach, people, and processes. Creates a sense of urgency around goals and objectives. Makes good decisions and creates accountability to drive and track results.
- Leadership Presence and Approachability: Inspires trust and confidence in others through daily interactions and effectively managing change, conflict and challenges.
- Engage People and Develop the Organization: Driven to improve the company by attracting and developing top talent. Builds and unifies groups of people around the overarching goals of Crest. Inspires, motivates, and empowers others to take action and perform at their best.
- Organizational Agility: Understands how individuals, teams, and the organization function and reacts appropriately to those factors. Works and collaborates with all types of people to create alignment within and across business unites and to reach business objectives.
- Envision, Strategy, and Entrepreneurial Mindset: Focuses on the future success and sustainability of Crest. Understands how the work of business units, market conditions, and key trends impact Crest. Inspires and furthers innovation, opportunities, and new value creation.
- Supports Vision / Business Objectives, Goals, Strategies, and Measures: Strategically plans, develops, and implements business objectives and associated goals, strategies, and measures to support DTPS’ vision. Effectively communicates to get buy-in and ownership to support the overall DTPS goals. Work effectively with DTPS’ President and executive team to execute these key strategies to support the delivery of DTPS’ overall Goals and Objectives. Communicates clearly and drives strategy through departments and teams; enables communication and is transparent. Works with the leadership team to execute and convey targets, prioritization, progress, and cost / profitability accurately in support of the business unit and Crest’s overall vision. Holds an execution mindset and a bias toward action - campaigns for achievement and growth.
- Operations / Process Improvement: Owns the systems and processes to drive key performance measures for PM and PSS. These include Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Customer Service and People Development. Owns drive for Continuous Improvement of these key measures and effectively communicates results to DTPS and Crest Leadership.
- Project Management: Leads the PM team to serve the customer through ensuring DTPS’ projects are conducted and executed with the highest level of customer focus and service through the application of processes, tools, knowledge, and skills to achieve and exceed project objectives every time. Develops and implements strategies and measures for the PM team
- Product and Services Quality: Strives to consistently achieve excellence in all tasks and goals in order to exceed customer expectations. Works to effectively build, implement, and communicate the quality and service standards of DTPS and Crest; continuously works to monitor internal and external quality standards and recommends the development of additional practices, standards, and establishes corrective measures and tracking metrics.
- Budgeting and Profitability: Generates, examines, and drives financialbudgeting, analysis, reporting, projections, and market / cost - benefit studies for PSS in conjunction with DTPS and Crest’s overall metrics. Provides leadership, direction, and support regarding control and utilization of financial resources.
- Safety and Risk Management: Works with DTPS leadership and PSS team members to ensure the highest level of safety and environment and promotes a safety-based culture to drive the implementation of expectations and standards to team members. In partnership with the Safety Manager, this individual develops, audits, and improves upon programs that will ensure compliance in order to reduce and manage risk.
- Customer Focus / Building Relationships: Works with DTPS leadership and team members to develop long-term customer and vendor relationships, develop alliances, and increase partnerships for the advancement of the business. Exhibits leadership in setting the standard for relentless service to the customer and managing the customer to success. Conducts and analyzes market research to identify potential markets and factors affecting demand, facilitates brainstorming and brings about creative ideas and takes concepts or products and manages implementation to market.
- Organizational Development / Self-Development / Coaching: Maintains and expands upon expertise of our industry and vision and is adaptable, agile, and emotionally adept. Provides leadership, coaching for team members, focusing on growth, development, and knowledge transfer. Establishes credibility throughout DTPS as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges. Creates an inclusive, effective, functional, and accountable organization. Fosters effective collaboration between departments and teams and across the business to ensure an integrated strategy and business approach. Exhibits a strong commitment to continual learning and education to support an agile team responsive to market opportunities and conditions. Steps out of the business and direct to coach others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or an associated program with minimum of 10years of relevant experience is required; experience in the electric utility transmission / distribution industry is preferred.
- Five plus years of executive-level leadership experience is required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or MBA preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Must have experience executing strategies to drive business operations and growth.
- Must have experience building and developing exceptional teams to drive business performance.
- Must have hands-on, practical experience developing and executing strategies for the sale of complex custom-made product and service solutions into large complex organizations.
- Must have superior analytical skills, specifically an advanced level of proficiency with Excel, is required.
- Must have excellent communication ability within all levels of the company.
- Experience in executing continuous improvement initiatives through cross functional teams is required.
- Experience with Lean Principles, 6 Sigma, and manufacturing cost accounting techniques preferred.
- A broad scope of past experiences is required, including exposure to the following areas: business development, financial management, various operational areas, project and program management, and technical functions such as Engineering.
- Must have successfully led a department or large team within a multi-million dollar business to achieve targets and goals.
- Success in developing or acquiring and implementing new business offerings, including products and services preferred.
- Experience implementing and utilizing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP system) is preferred.
Crest Industries believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, color, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.