This position is responsible for complying with estimating procedures when developing project estimates. The individual will participate in improving techniques for estimating. In this role, the individual supports the estimating needs the job-site projects. The individual may also be responsible for providing estimating support on other projects. At this position, it requires moderate supervision when developing Direct, Indirect, and Services cost estimates. This position will require some supervision when developing estimates for Escalation, Contingency, and other costs. This position’s key responsibility is to support the project by performing internal estimates to validate subcontractor and supplier quotes. The estimates for this project are mainly in the mechanical and plumbing divisions.
• Develop the estimate plan and coordinate estimate development with the project team, including preparation of the Estimate Schedule
• Utilize estimating methods and the expertise of other project professionals to establish total project estimates
• Engage in direct contact with other functional areas, including client and field contractors and suppliers.
• Maintain and support the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) yeardegree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and ten (10yrs) of work-related experience. If non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to maintain attention to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Estimating background within the mechanical, plumbing and electrical divisions.
Other Job Requirements
• Experience with firm fixed price (FFP) construction in the federal market.
• Stay abreast of current estimating techniques by maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations or by networking with other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) industry
• Be knowledgeable about business line specific rates to be applied in estimates
• Be active in knowledge management portals and communities with regard to forum questions and discussions
• Be knowledgeable about the benefits of Cost Competitive Execution, Excel to Win, Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF) and Strategy to Win; actively promote innovative ideas and solutions
• US Citizen or permanent resident
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience using any of the Fluor Estimating Systems or five (5) years of experience using Industry recognized estimating systems
• Minimum of five (5) years of field experience, preferably in project controls, construction, contracts, estimating, change management, or construction supervision
• Demonstrate strong technical ability, combined with communicative skills, to lead estimate development
• Knowledgeable about schedules, critical path, resource level (saturation) and float; able to confirm the estimate is aligned to the project schedule
• Knowledgeable about Lump Sum, firm fixed pricing.
• Knowledgeable about Self-Perform and Construction Management Execution
• Knowledgeable about internal Cost Systems, Progressing Systems, Level I and II Schedules, Work Breakdown Structures, and Project Status Reports
• Be recognized as a leader and functional expert in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Escalation, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Currency Fluctuation, Tax & Insurance costs, Performance Bonds & Letter of Credit costs, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Global Pricing Model, Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analysis, Comparison Analysis, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System), Procurement including a comprehensive understanding of Purchase Order and Budget Quotations
• Good analytical and computer skills, experience with Estimating programs such as MC2, On-Screen Take-Off, CostWorks.