Project - Sr Project Control Engineer - Cost
5 - 7 years experience • Energy / Utilities
This is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
The associate in this position will provide technical/analytical and functional support in the area of project management, project controls, and construction management processes for the Delivery Projects & Construction (DP&C) Organization.
Basic to Intermediate Knowledge and experience in the following areas: Project Scope coordination; Project Execution Plan input, preparation, coordination, monitoring, Project Estimate, assist in project schedule development, Contractor coordination and management; Invoice and Accrual Management; Project management assistance; Integrated cost and scheduling; Total Project & Annual Budget development; Financial analysis; Cost accounting and forecasting; Variance analysis; Performance reporting; Project change management; Risk & Contingency.
Implement standard cost, schedule and risk programs, processes and practices to ensure Design and Construction projects are performed in accordance with approved budgets and schedules.
Develop, coordinate and maintain financial, schedule, estimate, budget, resource, procurement, risk and other data within Primavera P6 and other systems / databases and query tools for individual projects and for project portfolio.
Develop, coordinate and maintain status & variance reporting and executive dashboards for the financial aspects and schedules for projects, including performance indices such as CPI, SPI, Earned Value, and other Key Performance Indices (KPI’s).
Correlate industry Standards like GAAP and SOx principles to Business Requirements.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• As an employee of (PSE&G or PSEG LI), you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
• PSEG is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
• BS in Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Project Controls concepts (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closeout) field or home office
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Cost Engineering concepts (project estimating, forecasting, cost controls and variance reporting)
• Minimum 4 years of experience with ERP systems for identifying and reporting actual costs posted to projects (i.e. SAP, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.)
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Integrated Data Management Tools such as, MS Excel and MS Access
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Project Management Document management software tool applications experience (ECM, File Net, Sharepoint, etc.)
• Must be a self starter capable of seeking out project related information from Project Stakeholders.
• Capable of making presentations to project stakeholders and Management.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices