· Designs and develops effective IT solutions in a timely fashion
· Acts as team lead for a small cross-functional team of analysts, developers, and testers designing software solutions.
· Develops detailed technical designs and solutions. Guides team members with the solution design, implementation, and verification.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely express solutions/ideas verbally or via written text and diagrams (eg UML or other)
· Acts as an evangelist for change and constant innovation. Particularly in the Data usage and Access space.
· Very familiar with AWS, AWS product offerings, how these offerings are used in cloud solutions, as well as the security, risk and development ramifications of deploying to the AWS cloud.
· Possesses a wide range of experience and the ability to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
· Works with developers to ensure as-built solution willmatch the designed solution.
· Drives the technical vision and strategic direction of technology with input from Security, business, development, and IT Support teams.
· Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the data department's scope. Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’s scope
· Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's overall IT applications and system integration points and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
· Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures
· Provides proper status notifications and updates for internal and external communications
· Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the client teams, internal Business, and Project Stakeholders.
· Understands multisystem security policies and guidelines
· Champions a continuous improvement mindset including identifying new approaches and processes that would contribute to improvements in the team, its implementations, and Asurion’s product suite
Qualifications and Experience
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
· 6 or more years of software development experience required
· 5+ or more years of architecture, Especially in AWS, ETL, Database(Oracle/Sql)
· Demonstrated knowledge of current database, and BPM technologies required
· Excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with an executive audience, and clearly communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
· Experience creating Physical and Logical design documents as well as Detailed Design documents.
· Experience with cloud technologies and architecture including AWS
· Deep knowledge of the service contract or insurance industry, including sales and claims management; OR demonstrated ability to quickly learn new business processes and become an expert in a specific industry
· Experience data security techniques for data in motion and at rest.
· Experience in n-tier, cross-technology application architecture
· Experience with the following technologies: Java, C#, HTML, XML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and DBMS (e,g SQL Server, Oracle)
· Experience Leveraging Artificial Intelligence a plus
· Multithreaded Web Application experience. Knowledge of Scala, ReactJS, AWS is a plus.
· Experience creating Physical and Logical design documents
· Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, providing scalability and failover using two-node implementation