VP, Small Group Product Solutions Management
The Small Group market, comprised of employers with anywhere between 2 and 50 employees, represent one of Aetna’s fastest growing market opportunities. As healthcare becomes ever more hyperlocal, Aetna needs differentiated and integrated solutions that address the needs of small business owners.
The Vice President, Small Group Solutions Management sets the product and solution strategy for Aetna in the small group market, and then leads the team responsible for executing on that strategy. By deeply understanding the needs of customers and brokers in this market, the Vice President, Small Group Solutions Management looks across the entire portfolio of products, including core medical, ancillary, consumer payment models, and pharmacy benefits, as well as clinical care models, networks and services offerings, to develop a winning strategy in the market. The result of this strategy is the construction of new solutions that resonate with the small group and professional employer organization (PEO) customers.
As the owner of solution strategy in these critical segments, the Vice President, Small Group Solutions Management must partner tightly with the commercial & distribution leadership to deliver the solutions that will enable the commercial team to achieve its revenue targets. The Vice President, Small Group Solutions Management will represent the product & solutions management function in the small group business leadership meetings, and is expected to drive cross-functional collaboration with sales, underwriting, actuarial, finance, marketing and product engineering to design and deliver new solutions.
The successful candidate is a compelling business leader with a deep understanding of the small group insurance marketplace, with a demonstrated track of record of designing strategy and then delivering upon it.
This role is a member of the Product and Solutions Management organization leadership team, and will manage an organization of 10 individuals once the team is fully built-out.
• Own the solution strategy for the small group and professional employment organization markets
• Identify sub-segments with growth potential for the Aetna Funding Advantage (AFA) solution and then drive new revenue by adding new capabilities targeted at those sub-segments.
• Partner closely with commercial leadership for small group markets across the eastern, central and western US geographies to ensure those teams have the differentiated solutions necessary to drive profitable growth.
• Partner closely with the product design & implementation team to ensure that plan build-out and regulatory filings meet the needs of AFA and other small-group-specific solutions
• Work with partner product management to include 3rd-party offerings and new technologies into Aetna’s integrated solutions.
• Analyze small group markets, uncover customer needs and then design new solutions.
• Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, from both a plan sponsor and consumer perspective, and then use it to build a solution strategy.
• Lead the development of rigorous strategic and economic business cases for all new solution offerings, including revenue, profit and market share targets.
• Manage solution development from concept gate thru launch gate.
• Oversee partnership with the sales enablement and field management teams to deliver training and consultation on new offerings, ensuring Small Group Solutions team members are viewed internally as “solution experts.”
• Regularly present in front of customers and brokers on Aetna’s solutions.
• Thought leadership, e.g., speaking at conferences and key customer forums.
• Work across Aetna’s broad portfolio of products, including dental, vision, voluntary, stop-loss, and consumer-directed payment models to assemble these components into integrated solutions for the small group market.
• Partner closely with the digital membership experience team to ensure their new capabilities are included in Aetna’s offerings
• Partner closely with the clinical network team to ensure that their networks meet the needs to the small group and select segments
Minimum 10 yrs of demonstrated mgmt & leadership success within a P&L or product organization
Strategic thinker w/excellent judgment & business sense
Extensive experience & successful track record working in & building relationships w/in matrixed organizational structures
Problem solving, negotiation, communication & presentation skills
MBA is desirable.
Functional - Management//7-10 Years
Functional - Leadership//7-10 Years.