Working independently under general direction of the Director of Enterprise Applications and Information Systems in Technology Services, the Web API and Data Integration Specialist is a member of the work group supporting, integrating and developing web applications to support campus needs. The Web API and Data Integration Specialist is responsible for web application development, maintenance, integration and database development with common programming methodology in support of various campus business requirements. The Web API and Data Integration Specialist is responsible for code development, creating responsive layouts and conducting research to resolve complex computing problems as well as developing API’s to integrate the various applications on campus. The incumbent is expected to have working knowledge of developing applications throughout the development lifecycle and utilizing data from various sources. The incumbent will be responsible for creating the data models and ETL methodology that will utilize the API’s created to provide data to the various applications. Occasionally will present written/oral reports to committees and administration. This position may be assigned a variety of other tasks including documentation, application configuration and quality assurance testing.
Major Duties of the job include:
- Responsible for code development related to meeting the needs of campus business requirements using a common development methodology.
- Develop responsive layouts and conducting the research needed to assist and resolve complex computing problems.
- Develop and integrate the web applications with the various applications used by the campus and supported by Technology Services.
- Utilize their working knowledge of developing applications throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- Coordinate and develop data models that will be used by the various applications used by the campus and supported by the Enterprise Applications team
- Coordinate training and technical reviews of the technologies used in the Enterprise Applications department.
- Provide web development assistance related to the campus mobile app, Cherwell, OnBase and other systems as needed.
- The developer will research, develop and manage mobile applications, write programming and user documentation.
- The developer will also administer and maintain Web and server analytics systems, troubleshoot technical issues, support division websites and research new technologies and services
- Provide web development assistance to Innovation Team and CAIFE projects as needed.
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Participation in User Teleconferences for the campus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working with relational database systems
- Support skills for troubleshooting team or campus problems in person, email, or on the phone
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability developing web applications to support business needs
- Ability to:
- Apply consultative skills to assess user needs
- Manage projects throughout the development cycle
- Document solutions, software requirements and prepare requests for proposals
- Maintain consistent communication with management of project schedules and resource requirements
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related discipline. Qualifying experience may be substituted for required education.
- Five years or more experience working with backend Web Development.