Tracking CodeSRASSCCSSMCO0717-JSJob Description
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is a global investment advisory firm that offers customized, institutionally based solutions to meet the investment needs of our clients. Wilshire’s Consulting division, established in 1981, is well known and respected for providing investment consulting services to large pension funds, endowments, foundations and insurance companies. Wilshire’s Consulting clients include some of the world's largest fund sponsors with combined assets totaling nearly $1 trillion.
This is a senior associate level position with responsibility to work across senior consultants on discretionary and non-discretionary clients for assisting senior consultants in leading, strengthening, and obtaining client relationships. This position is located in either Santa Monica, CA or Broomfield, CO. The initial clients will be based across the United States and travel of up to 40% may be required. The applicant will need to have a demonstrated record of working withinvestment clients and ability to communicate complex investment activities in a clear and concise way.
- Help manage or assist in management of client relationships on investments and acts as an extension of investment staff for clients. This includes asset allocation, investment research, and manager selection and monitoring.
- Lead the client experience from an investment perspective including making investment recommendations when necessary.
- Assist with on-going and ad-hoc projects. Topics are likely to include asset allocation, investment structure, manager evaluations, and selection/termination.
- Generate or support new business development.
Required Qualification and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in finance, accounting, math, or equivalent) and understanding of the institutional investment market.
- 5 plus years’ relevant experience in asset management, investment consulting, or other highly related experience serving the public sector, ERISA or not-for-profit arenas.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational, project planning and execution skills
- Thrives in business building environment with changing priorities
- Able to build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties
- Able to independently handle and prioritize multiple client projects
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- CFA-designation or MBA or progress towards is preferred.
- An international, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus opportunity.
- 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays per year.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.