At Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting we attract people who are passionate — about doing exceptional work, making a difference and contributing to the communities in which they live. Not only are our team members the secret to our continued success — they have also made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest.
Here are some more reasons why our employees made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest:
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Pension Plan
- Competitive Starting pay
- Banking Benefits
- Community involvement/volunteer opportunities highly supported and networking opportunities with Company Resource Groups
- Leading edge technology
- Great training and onboarding
Now let’s talk about the position:
As an Account manager you will provide customer service to Employee Benefits clients and support to Benefit Sales Consultants and Marketers with the goal of client retention. You will utilize superior customer service skills to respond to client requests inmethods that exceed their expectation. Serve as “inside” technical expert in employee benefits and client advocate with thecarrier/TPAs/vendors. You’ll be responsible for managing the client and prospect needs by proactively initiating communication and/or resolution through introductory calls (introducing client to their service team, administrative procedures, and contactinformation), pro-active semi-annual service calls, and frequent updates during the life of an issue, client specific vendor evaluation, and/or program support (such as wellness). Ideally, you will develop “expertise areas” as assigned – these may be in relation tospecific products, insurance companies, or computer programs.
What it takes to be an Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of customer service experience with at least 2 years’ of Employee Benefits experience obtained in an insurance agencyenvironment or with an insurance carrier
- Life/Health Insurance Licenses preferred before start date. Otherwise, will need to obtain within 3 months of employment