Novartis is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to entire state of Mississippi.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The MSL will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts in the Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area within the geographic area of coverage.
• Ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner.
• Implement medical strategies in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues for designated customers that include potential clinical trial site identification and support as well as review of investigator-initiated research protocols.
• Work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources and will provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries.
• Comply with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution (e.g., hospital) which is part of the MSL call plan, including, routine background checks, medical testing, proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPPA agreements.
• The position requires approximately 60% travel.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
• Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experiencerequired. (PharmD, MD, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred)
• Minimum of 2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or equivalent, in the pharmaceutical industry (preferred) or otherhealthcare environment to provide strategic and scientific/medical direction to national/regional business unit functions.
• Previous experience in the cardiology, cardiovascular space or related area is strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a MSL Field Medical based position is also preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine (including pharmacotherapy), treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
• Must have the ability to gain customer feedback, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and pair customer's unmet needs with available internal resources.
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with otherinternal departments.