In this role, you have the opportunity to be responsible for analyzing and verifying product requirements and designs and testing the products at various levels to ensure that the products meet the requirements and intended use.
You are responsible for
- Analyzing product and sub-system requirements.
- Analyzing and verifying medical device designs.
- Writing detailed test procedures that evaluate medical devices and systems against documented mechanical, electrical and software requirements.
- Conducting statistical analysis of test results.
- Maintaining and controlling test execution records using good lab practices.
- Technical writing, including development of test reports.
- Ability to learn new technologies and gain an understanding of system architectures.
- Automating tests where applicable
- Works with system level, multi-disciplined engineering projects.
- Requires limited direction
- Possesses the ability to analyze requirements and develop a risk-based approach to testing.
- Makes risk-based decisions, balancing business and compliance issues.
- Plans and manages assignments; may direct other engineers.
- Communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses the ability to work independently and in a teaming environment.
- Has good problem-solving methods and skills.
- Works as a member of a distributed scrum team.
You are part of
This position resides in the Sleep & Respiratory Care Business Group, a business group of Philips HealthTech. We are highly dynamic, ambitious and agile within a fast changing industry.
Our vision is to work hand-in-hand with our clinical and consumer customers to transform the personalized healthcare market to meet the significant demands caused by the increase of chronic conditions and an aging society. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for consumers and patients through better awareness, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and management of their conditions.
Skills and experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer, or other Science discipline, or equivalent with 4+ years of job related experience in writing code or Associates Degree with 6+ years of job-related experience in writing code.
- Must have C# or Java experience in writing code.
- Must be comfortable working in various ways (team, pair programming, solo, remote, working with others who are remote).
- Testing mentality and thinking outside the box…ability to see specific requirements in the context of multi-product relationships.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Cloud Foundry, Nodejs, Spring, Protractor, Selenium, BDD/TDD, Linux, BASH scripting, Angularjs, nUnit, jUnit, Cucumber, SpecFlow, CodedUI.
- Software development using ISO 62304.
- Risk Management using IEC 14971 and IEC 60601 or equivalent.
- Experience testing on IOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience working with Agile methods, including SAFe.
- Disciplined, regulated industries, medical device experiencepreferred, including FDA’s 21 CFR 820/ISO 13485 experience.