We believe that transparent, fact-based relationships between companies and employees will generate the best outcomes. Our SaaS platform is used by compensation professionals to make informed decisions about pay using the best data available. Our industry-leading survey management, market analysis, crowd-sourced database and machine learning offer a value proposition that is unmatched.
The Senior Software Engineer will join our Cary, NC based team and collaborate with software engineering teams and other stakeholders in our Seattle, WA and Denver, CO offices.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will create new web application features and enhance the data services API layer of our service oriented platform.
- You will craft innovative features and solutions for our business facing SAAS platform
- You will work on a highly collaborative agile team with skilled teammates
- You will build dynamic user interfaces to help our customers analyze their data
- You will tackle performance and scale challenges
- You will help us revolutionize the way compensation is measured, analyzed and predicted
- You will enjoy your work
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 5 years of professional experience
- Server-side API development in Node.js (preferred), Java or .NET
- Data layer: SQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark
- Unit testing frameworks (Mocha, JUnit)
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat)
- Source code management (git)
- You are able to explain technical concepts to stakeholders
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Experience and knowledge desirable:
- REST APIs
- Dynamic SQL generation and complex queries
- Apache Spark and data ETL and ingest pipelines
- Cloud deployment (AWS)
- DevOps automation (Jenkins, Ansible)
- SaaS and multi-tenant applications
- Tableau data visualizations
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We believe we are the ideal company for somebody who wants to avoid the bureaucracy that comes with huge organizations and the risk and stressful work hours of tiny startups. Come to a place where your ideas are valued, your brain is challenged, your voice is heard and your work has an immediate impact.
Pay is a Package!
In addition to competitive salaries, PayScale offers the following benefits.
Benefits We Offer:
- Work-from-home Wednesdays
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and domestic partners)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for transportation, medical, and dependent care
- Life insurance/AD&D
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free coffee
- Entire days without meetings
- Coworkers you like