Software Engineer (17002702)
As a Software Engineer for the Software backend team of our Cogent, Biometrics BU located in Pasadena, you will work closely with colleagues and customers throughout the full software development life cycle to understand customer needs. You will design, develop and implement integrated software and systems solutions using C, C++, and/or Java for product and feature enhancements and new product development. You will also collaborate with software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems to meet customer requirements and expectations, which in turn will secure the digital lives of millions of people.
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- You will develop server side applications using C, C++ and/or Java for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
- You will collaborate with lead developers DBA’s and system engineers to define and build interfaces and integration points using SOA and RESTful services.
- Your will apply your deep knowledge of source code, agile practices, UAT and SDLC to adhere to industry standard design and coding practices and standards.
- You will analyze source code and resolve current production system issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: experience developing software using C, C++ and Java, knowledge of SOA, ability to work with various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, or other UNIX variants.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is able to work in a fast-paced environment, influential, results-oriented with strong process and execution skills, a great team-player, able to travel, can multi-task while handling large workloads under time constraints and has excellent communication and teaching skills.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- We are looking for someone with 3+ years of experience writing C, C++ and Java
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your resume!