Job Description The Oncology Sales Specialist will be responsible for representing and promoting Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation as a leader in the Oncology community and marketplace.
• The territory currently covers Charlotte, NC.
As one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and a pioneer in Oncology, we are committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
• Incumbent will be required to: Promote a highly technical and innovative product portfolio to a sophisticated audience. The development of relationships and maintaining an active presence with the most productive doctors in the community and associated organizations will be essential elements of the position.
• Identification and development of thought-leaders and area speakers and conducting programs will also be important aspects of this role.
• Responsible for providing strategic input and the implementation of national/regional/area strategies and tactics. Promotional funds will need to be used judiciously to compliantly maximize sales and accomplish goals with the appropriate return on investment.
• Must act as a peer leader and resource to the “TEAM” to facilitate a coordinated Novartis effort within accounts.
• Personal integrity, compliance with Novartis values and behaviors and all compliance policies, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary.
• Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
Minimum requirements Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 3 years of specialty pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic/medical selling experience required.
Minimum Preferred 5 years Oncology/Hematology medical experience (BSN/Pharm.D/Ph.D/Doctor) required.
Oncology/Hematology sales experience preferred
Candidate must possess a high degree of technical expertise, have exceptional selling skills, and must be familiar with the Oncology community.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required and
must be able to organize and prioritize.
iPad and Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes.
Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.