Microchip is seeking a Applications Engineer for Wireless Products to support embedded development for Microchip's platforms for 802.15.4, LoRA & LPWAN and Internet of Things related applications.
- Provide design support including code examples, Application notes to key clients worldwide
- Create demos and collateral (i.e. training presentations) to support tradeshows and customer enablement workshops
- Support customers directly to help integrate or customize Microchip software products such as JukeBlox into customer's application
- In conjunction with Software and Hardware Module development teams prepare technical documentation and tools needed to support new products
- Provide Applications Engineering support for New Product Development teams across silicon and wireless modules
- BSEE or BSCS with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in embedded software and hardware design
- Must have strong skills in Microcontroller platforms and Embedded development
- Must have strong skills in C launguage
- Must have circuit design experience and knowledge in hardware schematic design and layout.
- Must be able to read and interpret written specifications, and implement solutions from those specifications.
- Must be able to provide technical support to internal and external customers, verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong verbal and written abilities in English language.
- Must be able to work with a worldwide team located across US and Asia
- Must have woking knowledge of 802.15.4 and/or LoRA protocol
- Experience with Bluetooth and Audio applications is a plus
- About 15% travel is expected.