Real Estate Asset Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
The VP- Asset Manager, located at our headquarters in Glen Mills, PA, will oversee a variety of commercial property types primarily hotels and office. The individual will oversee asset strategic planning, major capital projects and serve as the owner representative to the property in addition to working withinternal and external property managers to review, evaluate and improve asset performance.
- Work with Company management to establish asset specific strategies that produce long term growth in asset value and cash flow.
- Oversee third party property managers (and in certain cases internal property managers) to meet financial and strategic property plans.
- Monitor asset performance including Revenue, NOI, cash flow and asset values and progress towards achieving asset strategies
- Work with acquisitions team to provide input on underwriting assets, perform due diligence and evaluating assets for potential disposition. Work on property closings and initial set up of assets upon acquisition.
- Be the owner representative on assets being overseen on issues associated with venture partners, lenders, and vendors.
- Maintain industry contacts and relationships across the property’s marketplace and nationally through peers, competitors, vendors, brands and real estate associations.
- Engage with property management and company management to develop strategies to improve property performance.
- Incorporate a value-oriented approach to decision making by analyzing lease opportunities, major capital decisions, ROI investments decisions, contracts, etc. at the properties. Negotiate contracts, leases as necessary.
- Complete regular tours of the property to ensure proper maintenance of the property and efficient and effective performance of staff and third party providers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business or a related field required.
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated real estate asset managementexperience preferably with experience working on hotels and or office properties.
- Prior experience implementing repositioning and redevelopment projects; ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions
- Strong negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to work independently.
- Background in reviewing financialreports and communicating results.
- Experience analyzing competitive market information and establishing performance benchmarks.
- Must have a true entrepreneurial spirit, and desire to excel.