LOCHNER, a leader in transportation engineering, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for the Aviation Group in either the Dallas, TX or Lenexa, KS office.
- Strong knowledge of airport lighting systems including runway, taxiway, apron edge lighting, signage, area lighting, roadway lighting, airport power systems, facility lighting, lighting protection systems and airfield navigational aids.
- Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, detailed analysis, as required for procurement and construction purposes.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Provide electrical direction to and collaborate with project engineers, project managers and contractors.
- Experience with and determine requirements using FAA guidelines and Advisory Circulars.
- Develop and write design and construction scopes of work.
- Write reports and make recommendations based upon information gathered during the site survey using professional judgement.
- Develop and review schedules for assigned projects.
- Travel to client or construction site locations.
- Review contractor submittals, respond to field request for information.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- PE License required.
- 8 + years of experience in the civil engineering field; electrical related experience.
- Familiar with NEC, IEEE, and NEMA standards.
- Experience in designing power source circuits for a variety of transportation projects, including traffic signals, ITS, roadway lighting, airport lighting, and tolling projects.
- Experience in designing and developing specifications for power source circuit components, including transformers, service pedestals, disconnect switches, service panels, and utility service connections.
- Experience in designing traffic signal circuits.
- Experience with lighting design, including high-mast, urban streets, tunnels, parking lots, and pedestrian facility lighting.
- Familiar with light pollution and dark sky design concepts.
- Familiar with AASHTO, Illuminating Engineering Society, and NEMA lighting standards.
- Familiar with AGI32 and other lighting design software packages.
- Experience with ITS circuit design, including electrical and fiber optic communication.
- Ability to coordinate multiple project tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to handle a fast-paced position.
- Goal and deadline orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All positions at Lochner require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks include SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, a criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, and oral drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of the background check.