Business Process Analyst #113 Add to Bookmarks Refer a Friend ShareLincoln,NEAll AddressesLincoln, NEFunctional GroupBusiness AnalysisFull-timeJob TitleBusiness Process AnalystLocationAmeritas Life-Lincoln-NELK2Area of InterestBusiness AnalysisFull-Time/Part TimeFull-timeJob Description
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Business Process Analyst to drive the business by assessing department and organizational needs relating to process and systems. Identifies process improvements and opportunities to impact customer experience. This position is responsible for documentation of various processes used within area. This position is responsible for representation of area on corporate, infrastructure, or individual projects that impact area. This position also works very closely with vendor operational teams, quality team and continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess department and organizational needs relating to process, training and system improvement by working with individuals and management. Document needs by preparing reports including full analysis of process and resolution.
- Implement identified process improvement for department by working with associates, management and other related areas.
- Write Business Cases including cost/benefit and pain point analysis for IT department process and/or system enhancements.
- Act as department liaison on applicable product, corporate and operational projects as project team member. Deliver recommendations and independently approve initiatives as applicable.
- Identifies process and system gaps to develop and implements recovery strategies for issues impacting customer experience.
- Reviews audit results and develops an action plan as a result of the audit findings.
- Investigates, recommends and develops customer experience improvement initiatives and methods for communicating with internal and external customers that directly impact processes and operational improvement.
- Conducts detailed reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities by mapping manual and automated processes and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of systems and management controls over those activities
- Maintains all procedures, process, and training tools and resources.
- Utilizes critical and analytical thinking to provide quality management and troubleshooting of issues while working with internal and external partners
- Recognized as an expert by all areas of the organization, including the service operations and channels of distributions
- Works with other teams, team leaders and managers to resolve issues that are impacting our customers
- Provides training on systems, products, and technology to internal and external partners
- Provides account billing/reconciliation for vendors as required
- Works on operations projects, presentations, reports to improve the team's operational functionality
- Other duties as required by the position or directed by management
- Minimum of five years of experience in insurance operations (new business or policyholder services).
- Proficient in imaging, workflow, and other technical applications
- Strong initiative and critical thinking when assessing situations that impact internal and external customers.
- The position also requires a general understanding of all operational functions including new business, underwriting, policyholder services, call center and claims.
- Must exhibit very high sense of urgency related to customer facing service issues
- Able to work in a team environment with a proven ability to relate to others as a coach, mentor and leader.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and the natural ability to organize and manage time efficiently.
- Must possess a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to make decisions independent of others.