Systems Quality Assurance Analyst, Sr
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software systems quality operating methods, processes, and procedures. Conducts evaluation of software systems activities including requirements, design, development, documentation, integration, test, verification and validation. Defines appropriate measures to ensure product quality. Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives. Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts. Reviews software systems design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements. Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies. Provides or directs verification and validation of software system requirements, traceability, and testability.
The software tester will conduct software and application testing as commissioned or requested by the government. Software tester duties will include, but not be limited to validation and certification of OS compatibility, vulnerabilities and providing tests results to Technical Task Leads and service owners in accordance with mandated processes and procedures.
- Tests software for sequence and functionality based on requirement specifications. Investigate, remediate and report defects or issues. Maintains defect database and generates defect reports
- Review project requirements and schedules
- Create test cases for software functionality and compatibility
- Maintain records of test scenarios and results
- Perform manual testing
- Develop and execute automated tests
- Execute performance, operability and serviceability tests
- Write bug reports and retest once fixed
- Troubleshoot problems with team support
Must possess IAT-I or higher DOD 8570.01M certifications such as CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification or be able to obtain the certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree or equivalent with 5 years or more of experience in information technology
- Must be a U.S Citizen with an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have enough proficiency with C++ and Java software code in order to be able to debugs, troubleshoot, and resolve software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Must be familiar with DOD or DHS software testing protocols and be able to perform software testing in a laboratory environment
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and task driven with ability to work in a team centered environment.
- Possess a Software Testing certification
- Be proficient with Windows-based COTS
- Able to troubleshoot HW/OS/Drivers/Firmware/Network issues
- Proficient in Shell scripting
- Certified with CompTIA Security+ or CASP or CISSP