THOMSON GROUP SUMMARY:
Thomson, A Fortive Company, designs, manufactures and markets products and services with strong brand names, proprietary technologies and major market positions that improve the way we live and work. With more than 60 years of motion control innovation and quality, Thomson is the industry’s premiere producer of Ball Bushing and Profile Rail bearings, 60 Case Shafting, ground and rolled Ball Screws, Linear Actuators, Linear Systems, Clutches, Brakes, Resolvers and related industrial automation accessories. Thomson pioneered the Ball Bushing bearing in 1945, and has set the standard ever since with an unsurpassed set of mechanical motion control solutions serving global commercial and aerospace & defense markets. Thomson has facilities in North America, Europe and Asia with over 2000 distributor locations around the world. Our breadth of products and brands are unmatched. Thomson is a globally active company in one of the fastest growing industries – the automation industry. Building on the foundation provided by Fortive Business System and the company’s core values, Thomson’s associates are pursuing a focused strategy aimed at creating a Premier Global Enterprise.
: Candidate will be responsible for fulfilling assigned objectives related to the design, development and support of gearbox product lines. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:Along with those identified below, other duties may be defined as necessary.
- Execute product design related to new product development projects.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation (models, drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Review customer inquiries and develop design concept proposals.
- Maintain and improve existing product designs.
- Work closely with teams consisting of representatives from purchasing, planning, operations, and quality.
- Test and verify performance on new and existing products.
- Conduct Design of Experiments analysis on new and existing products.
- Design and implement engineering system management tools.
- Support new product development PPV and VAVE efforts as a project lead.
- Organize & lead design review with internal and external groups
- Provide leadership and guidance to group
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 + years practical design experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of gear theory, gear development and design of straight, spiral bevel and hypoid gears is essential.
- Familiarity with AGMA, ISO standards and gear materials
- Experience in rotating machinery, high speed gears, bearings and planetary gear systems
- Proficient with Excel, Word, other MS Office.
- Experience with solid modeling software/CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communications in the English language.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communications skills
- Problem solving skills with minimal supervision
- Dependable/ reliable/ flexible
- Possess good judgment
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Implements actions and delivers results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency; being able to recognize and resolve issues